Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reggieh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Deck Stain
    What is the best deck stain to use? I have used Behr the past 4 years and every year I have to restain.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 26, 2007, 03:50 PM
    I have had good luck with Thompsons wood sealer plus wood protector with a tint. I rolled it on and it lasted 3 years $68 for 5 gals at Lowe's.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

May 28, 2007, 04:44 PM
    Its Good To Stain But You Also Need To Seal It. Other Wise You Have A Colored Unsealed Treated Deck.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 28, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Thompsons wood sealer plus wood protector with a tint. This product is primarily a sealer and they recently added a tint to the line. I've used it on decks, docks and recently my log cabin. It seems to last 3+ years on a horizontal surface so I'm hoping for more on the cabin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to replace my deck belt on my troybilt 17hr. 42' deck belt diagram [ 4 Answers ]

I need to replace my deck belt on troybilt 17hr. 42' riding lawnmover. Be nice to have a diagram

Paint or stain 18 year old pressure treated deck [ 4 Answers ]

My summer home is on a lake in northern Michigan. We have hot summers and cold and deep snow in the winter, this is very hard on my deck. I have used a number of products to stain/seal the deck but the older is gets the harder it is to keep a nice look to the wood. I am considering paint or a...

Wright's stain [ 1 Answers ]

How to preapere wright's stain

Ugly deck stain [ 1 Answers ]

We just purchased a house and the deck is stained a country blue color. I assume it's stain because it's faded and no paint is chipping off. Is there any way to change the color of the deck? We'd like to stain it a dark reddish brown. We're not sure if we can just stain over it or if we have to...

Stain removal [ 1 Answers ]

How can I remove candle wax from cloth?

View more questions Search