Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Binty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Is my kitten ill?
    I'm a little concerned about my 8 week old tabby kitten. We only got her today and she has already passed tow diarrohea stool, the last of which I noticed there was a slight sign of blood loss. Not a lot, but enough to colour a few of the cat litter stones. She's lively and playful, hasn't yet eaten or drank anything since we bought her home. Should I seek advice from the vet?:confused:
    lil_pea07 Posts: 75, Reputation: 6

May 26, 2007, 12:54 PM
    She could have worms. My cat did the same thing recently I was noticing blood. I believe my mom wormed her and it stopped. Good luck!
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2007, 02:37 PM
    Case in point. I got a wonderful little kitty. A pure delight. Perfect except he had runny stool. Took him to the vet the same day I got him. Positive on feline aids, lukemia. Please before you get more attached check him out. I'm not a vet, I am not saying that is what your cat has.
    DocWill Posts: 239, Reputation: 40

May 26, 2007, 02:55 PM
    What mom said is awsome. ESPECIALLY if you have other cats. However I am Aussie, and a little tip off in your spelling tells me you are too. In Oz there is very few if any cases of this. Simple stress alone in young kittens can cause trace amounts of blood in the stool. Quick trip to the Vets is very indicated regardless of what is wrong.

Did you know all kittens and puppies have worms until treated ? Comes from the mothers milk, a normal and natural part of life cycle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ill dog [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a 4 year old border collie but she hasn't been eating for about a week and normaly she's a ball of energy but she's been really dopey lately. Can you please tell me what's wrong with her?

Feeling quite ill [ 1 Answers ]

OK so lately id say the last.. 2 maybe 3 days I've felt really sick at some times and more or less fine at others I haven't been eating a lot but I try to make sure I have something at every meal I've been throwing up a lot, this morining I had a peanut butter sandwich which I ate at probably...

Often feel ill [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Five weeks a go I left a very stressful job where I was working 70 hours a week and ever since I keep feeling unwell. I don't know if the two are related. I feel ill for a week or so, then OK for a few days, then ill again. When feeling unwell, the symptoms are mild but noticeable. I feel...

Mentally ill parents [ 7 Answers ]

As some of you may know, both my biological parents had a serious mental illness. I am working on a book for adult children of mentally ill parents, sort of a semi-autobiography of my own life, but I would also like to include stories from others. I have interviewed a few people in my city, but I...

Daschund Ill [ 2 Answers ]

My daschund is turning four this Dec. 15, and she's having problems that aren't becoming of her personality. Meaning, she used to be active, and very energetic, but nowadays she's very lethargic, and has a habit of "sitting" everywhere. I hope it isn't her back, but I can't find a lot of...

View more questions Search