Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommyja07 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Gential herpes
    I was dating a man with genital herpes . We were sexual active only a few times some of them were protected and a couple unprotected. I have been separated him over a month now and I just noticed a small bump near my thigh and another small one on my outside vagina. The bumps are red. They only bother me once I touch them. I squeezed one and blood came out of it and it shrunk down . Now it just looks like a open sore that is healing no scabs or anything like that. I went to the docor a couple weeks ago before I noticed the bumps just to be safe I am just waiting for my results. I just seen these two pimples on me and I'm getting nervous and scared that it may be herpes. :confused:
    robertsqueen Posts: 376, Reputation: 43

May 26, 2007, 12:24 PM
    It might be genital herpes. Did you know when you dated the man that he was infected? If so why did you choose to have unprotected sex. I guess all you can do now is wait. Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 26, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Yes, even if he is not having a outbreak, he can still be infectious, and even with protection, it is not 100 percent protected. And without protection, I can only say ( what were you thinking)

Please go to the doctor or health department and be tested.

Also if you are, please always warn future partners so they are aware before you have sex.
    mommyja07 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 01:13 PM
    No I didn't find out until after we broke up. That is the main reason why I left him because I felt he wasn't honest .
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2007, 01:47 PM
    The 2nd damn thing I would do is go to the police. I am sure if he had sex with you knowing that he was infected , and did not tell you that he can get in trouble.. if there is no criminal law against it then I would file a civil case against him... do not let him get away with this irresponsible behavior. I hope your health turns out OK, this proves that you can never be to careful. Good luck
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 26, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Yes, there may be a criminal law against him. A person who knowingly withholds a sexually transmitted disease can be found guilty of nonconsensual sex - because the other partner would not willingly agree to sexual contact knowing that he/she would contract the disease.

The question is - are you willing to fork over the attorney and court fees to prove this? With no guarantee of a win in court?

Read the following articles:
    Herpes and the Law on MedicineNet.com
    IYD: AEF Practictioner's Corner
    Can You Sue over Transmission of a Sexual Disease? - LegalZoom.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Herpes [ 5 Answers ]

Can you receive herpes from someone infected through smoking a cigarette behind them?

What is herpes? [ 2 Answers ]

I've had check ups by a gyno and all seems well, but for the last 5 or so years, I have had a bump show up on the hair area down there. It shows up maybe 2 or three times a year, so I always forget to ask about it at the gyno. Once he saw it and said what is that, and I said I don't know, and...

Could it be genital herpes? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay so about 4 months ago I had protected sexual intercourse one time with a girl who later tested positive for hsv 2. I did not notice any herpes symptoms until about a month ago which is uncharicteristic because I have read they usually appear within 2 to 20 days after exposure. Anyhow,...

Herpes antibodies [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question, I recently had a routine physical and the doctor mentioned that I had tested positive for the herpes antibody, she said you have been exposed, but she really did not act very concerned. I have never had any type of outbreak and have not had sex for over a year(deployed military)...

Cancer or herpes ? [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't been sexually active in a few months but always use protection and haven't had multiple partners, but I keep getting these painful bumps that turn into open sores. I really hope it isn't herpes, so can some one with experience please help? I am just waiting for a doctor appointment but...

View more questions Search