Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bjcharles35 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 09:43 AM
    Need someone's opinon.is my house haunted?
    I would appreciate it if :confused: could possibly give me their opinion... I sometimes think my house is haunted then when I think about it my mind says no way... I guess I should give a little info... My house was built in late 1800's. I am not sure how many different families have lived here but I know that the house was pretty much abandoned as a family home and turned into a hair salon and then a recording studio. I couple of years after the studio closed it was remodeled back into a house. I know sounds crazy ANYWAY! I have heard rumors about the house being haunted but I have only had a few things happen that could easily be explained by other things besides haunting. On the day we moved in, I was by myself unpacking & I felt like I was being watched, that I explained away to myself as me being paranoid about this old house. Maybe a week after we moved in the kids were at school, husband at work so I was here alone. I walked through the kitchen onto the back porch to break down some moving boxes, it was really windy that day so I decided to go back in. When I went back into the kitchen I shut and locked the door (as I always do when I am at home alone). I closed the kithcen door behind me (each room of the house has door from room to room... like most old houses do) I was busy for about an hour with my house work and decided to go get a bite to eat. I walked in the kitchen and the back door (the door I had shut and locked) was opened, still locked but wide opened. This has happened maybe 3 times so of course I tell myself it is the wind. The only other thing that I have experienced here is occasional flickers of lights here and there that I attribute to me being tired (not wanting to think about the haunted possibility). My daughter (14) has told me a few things that have happened to her. Her being only 14 I don't know if she has a vivid imagination or if she really experienced it. One night I walked in her room to tell her goodnight, she appeared to be asleep , I said " Oh she's asleep" and walked out. The next morning she asked me [F]if I came in her room the night before, she remebered me coming in and saying she was asleep, She said when I walked out of the room a few seconds later she heaed someone whisper her name in her ear and whispered something else she couldn't undrstand. I asked her why she didn't come tell me and she said she thought she was dreaming until I told her that I did come in her room. Another night we had stayed up late, until about 12:00AM her boyfriend had been over and left then we went to bed, me to my room and her to her room across the hall. SHe asked me the next day,"Who was knocking at the door last night?" I said what are you talking about? She said she heard someone walk across the proch to the front door and knock. WHen I asked her why didn't she get up she said she thought I got up because she didn't hear anything else. I said no I didn't hear anything. Then I asked her well did you hear the person walk away? She said no... I convinced her she heard something outside, like the neighbors or something, but I was a little freaked out! That's about all that happens except for the occasional creek and bumps all old houses make... if any body has an opinion let me know, I have convinced myself its not haunted but I would like advice.
    helper05 Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

May 26, 2007, 10:15 AM
    Sounds to me like the place might be haunted. However, with a 14 year-old, she might just have an exaggerated immagination. Then again, if you heard RUMORS the place was haunted, it might be neighborhood children or someone just trying to mess with you. But, if you really feel that a ghost/spirit/entity, what ever you want to call it, is trying to get in your house to possibly harm you, try this: Get some powdered brick, and spread a thin line in front of your doorways into your house, and any spirit that is there to do harm, cannot pass over that powdered brick. You can find something like that most likely on the internet, in any kind of magic/ witchcraft store. It's worked for me.
    helper05 Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

May 26, 2007, 10:19 AM
    I Just remembered something, if you want a more more quick and concrete solution, try TAPS they've got a website, you could try contacting them.
    Rina _4 Posts: 182, Reputation: 19

May 26, 2007, 11:31 AM
    Have you tried to find out some information about the house before it was converted to a hair salon and a recording studio?

I would at least try to look into it and perhaps that would shed some light on the strange things that were happening. You can even ask some neighbors, they may know or might have heard something about the house and the people that used to live in it.

Do you still receive some old mail that belonged to the previous owners? The court house is another place that you can find out the names of the people who used to own the house along with searching the internet using those names you might discover something.

If you need my help in searching, I would be glad to help out. Either way, please keep updating on what else happened and any other information you may find.

Thanks in advance.
    confussed_lil_sofi Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bjcharles35
    I would appreciate it if :confused: could possibly give me their opinion...I sometimes think my house is haunted then when I think about it my mind says no way....I guess I should give a little info....My house was built in late 1800's. I am not sure how many different families have lived here but I know that the house was pretty much abandoned as a family home and turned into a hair salon and then a recording studio. I couple of years after the studio closed it was remodeled back into a house. I know sounds crazy ANYWAY! I have heard rumors about the house being haunted but I have only had a few things happen that could easily be explained by other things besides haunting. On the day we moved in, I was by myself unpacking & I felt like I was being watched, that I explained away to myself as me being paranoid about this old house. Maybe a week after we moved in the kids were at school, husband at work so I was here alone. I walked through the kitchen onto the back porch to break down some moving boxes, it was really windy that day so I decided to go back in. When I went back into the kitchen I shut and locked the door (as I always do when I am at home alone). I closed the kithcen door behind me (each room of the house has door from room to room...like most old houses do) I was busy for about an hour with my house work and decided to go get a bite to eat. I walked in the kitchen and the back door (the door I had shut and locked) was opened, still locked but wide opened. This has happened maybe 3 times so of course I tell myself it is the wind. The only other thing that I have experienced here is occasional flickers of lights here and there that I attribute to me being tired (not wanting to think about the haunted possibility). My daughter (14) has told me a few things that have happened to her. Her being only 14 I don't know if she has a vivid imagination or if she realy experienced it. One night I walked in her room to tell her goodnight, she appeared to be asleep , I said " Oh she's asleep" and walked out. The next morning she asked me [F]if I came in her room the night before, she remebered me coming in and saying she was asleep, She said when I walked out of the room a few seconds later she heaed someone whisper her name in her ear and whispered something else she couldn't undrstand. I asked her why she didn't come tell me and she said she thought she was dreaming until I told her that I did come in her room. Another night we had stayed up late, until about 12:00AM her boyfriend had been over and left then we went to bed, me to my room and her to her room across the hall. SHe asked me the next day,"Who was knocking at the door last night?" I said what are you talking about? She said she heard someone walk across the proch to the front door and knock. WHen I asked her why didn't she get up she said she thought I got up because she didn't hear anything else. I said no I didn't hear anything. Then I asked her well did you hear the person walk away? she said no....I convinced her she heard something outside, like the neighbors or something, but I was a little freaked out! Thats about all that happens except for the occasional creek and bumps all old houses make.......if any body has an opinion let me know, I have convinced my self its not haunted but I would like advice.
    Could be. Wouldn't say its anything to worry about though. My friends bedroom is haunted by a cat, its so creepy, you can hear occasional meowing and big scraches appear on your body, then they're gone by morning. Seems lke your ghost just doesn't want to be thrown out. But it might not be, the door thin is probably because its an old house.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 26, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Sounds like it is to me, but one has to investigate very closely.
    Unveiled Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

May 29, 2007, 08:48 PM
    Definitely could be haunted, it is worth it to have it checked out there are plenty of investigators willing to investigate for free. The only problem with investigators is that they can not tell you who it is or why they are doing the haunting, which is really what you want to know after you find out it is haunted. A fellow medium and myself specialize in actually finding out who is responsible and why because that is the question :)
    fugitivehunter Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bjcharles35
    I would appreciate it if :confused: could possibly give me their opinion...I sometimes think my house is haunted then when I think about it my mind says no way....I guess I should give a little info....My house was built in late 1800's. I am not sure how many different families have lived here but I know that the house was pretty much abandoned as a family home and turned into a hair salon and then a recording studio. I couple of years after the studio closed it was remodeled back into a house. I know sounds crazy ANYWAY! I have heard rumors about the house being haunted but I have only had a few things happen that could easily be explained by other things besides haunting. On the day we moved in, I was by myself unpacking & I felt like I was being watched, that I explained away to myself as me being paranoid about this old house. Maybe a week after we moved in the kids were at school, husband at work so I was here alone. I walked through the kitchen onto the back porch to break down some moving boxes, it was really windy that day so I decided to go back in. When I went back into the kitchen I shut and locked the door (as I always do when I am at home alone). I closed the kithcen door behind me (each room of the house has door from room to room...like most old houses do) I was busy for about an hour with my house work and decided to go get a bite to eat. I walked in the kitchen and the back door (the door I had shut and locked) was opened, still locked but wide opened. This has happened maybe 3 times so of course I tell myself it is the wind. The only other thing that I have experienced here is occasional flickers of lights here and there that I attribute to me being tired (not wanting to think about the haunted possibility). My daughter (14) has told me a few things that have happened to her. Her being only 14 I don't know if she has a vivid imagination or if she realy experienced it. One night I walked in her room to tell her goodnight, she appeared to be asleep , I said " Oh she's asleep" and walked out. The next morning she asked me [F]if I came in her room the night before, she remebered me coming in and saying she was asleep, She said when I walked out of the room a few seconds later she heaed someone whisper her name in her ear and whispered something else she couldn't undrstand. I asked her why she didn't come tell me and she said she thought she was dreaming until I told her that I did come in her room. Another night we had stayed up late, until about 12:00AM her boyfriend had been over and left then we went to bed, me to my room and her to her room across the hall. SHe asked me the next day,"Who was knocking at the door last night?" I said what are you talking about? She said she heard someone walk across the proch to the front door and knock. WHen I asked her why didn't she get up she said she thought I got up because she didn't hear anything else. I said no I didn't hear anything. Then I asked her well did you hear the person walk away? she said no....I convinced her she heard something outside, like the neighbors or something, but I was a little freaked out! Thats about all that happens except for the occasional creek and bumps all old houses make.......if any body has an opinion let me know, I have convinced my self its not haunted but I would like advice.
    I was just about to ask the same question because we live in a house built in 1870 next to a grave yard we are having the knocking and whispering and thing go missing. My wife seems to have heard and saw more than me. I am going to talk to the old owners it sems that no one lives here long they resell fast.

Jun 5, 2007, 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fugitivehunter
    I was just about to ask the same question because we live in a house built in 1870 next to a grave yard we are having the knocking and whispering and thing go missing. My wife seems to have heard and saw more than me. I am going to talk to the old owners it sems that no one lives here long they resell fast.
    Was the price of your house compared much lower to the other houses in your neighborhood? If so, then you know something is definitely wrong. Perhaps you can ask your neighbors around they might have a lot of information.

Does your house have a basement?

Are you thinking of reselling?
    fugitivehunter Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 08:33 AM
    Yes the price was lower, Im just interested in researching these incidents. We have a basement it has a two rooms, one for the furnace, a small room of to the side where the walls are rock and mortar, and a crwal space towards the front of the house. Last night as I was writing the question my wife felt a tapping from underneath her pillow. I have heard things but I try to find logical explanations for them. Pat

Jun 5, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fugitivehunter
    Yes the price was lower, Im just interested in researching these incidents. we have a basement it has a two rooms, one for the furnace, a small room of to the side where the walls are rock and mortar, and a crwal space towards the front of the house. Last night as I was writing the question my wife felt a tapping from underneath her pillow. I have heard things but I try to find logical explanations for them. Pat
    Try to find as many names and phone numbers of the previous owners and ask what experiences they had and if they know anything. It is easier to try to find logical explanations for the incidences but in your case I think previous owners, neighbors might have stories to tell of their own. Please let us know what you find.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My house is haunted [ 23 Answers ]

The other night I found this site by typing in 'how do you know if your house is haunted'.Well, after reading what others wrote I began piecing things together. I am sure that my house is haunted. I would like to find out the history of this house (it was built in 1888) but I don't know where to...

Is my house haunted? [ 4 Answers ]

ohkk... so i moved into this house w/ my family about three years ago. i've been reading up about haunted houses and i saw that a lot of the stuff they say on those sites (and on this site) is happening to me. some of my stuff has gone missing. my dog barks at nothing.. increasingly often.( and its...

Is my house haunted [ 11 Answers ]

I Have Been Experinceing Some Weird Things In My Home Well First There Was A Smell That No One Uses And It Passed Through The Room And Then Lingerd Over The Other End. Then A Razor Keeps Appearing Behind The Toilet And My 2 Year Old Sister Is Running Around Saying Cath Them But What Can She See?...

Is my house haunted [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I go upstairs I have the fealing of beaing watched but no whare els am I fealing this way and we moved here just a little while ago and my dad went to a buniss meating for a day or to (cause it was out of state) and me and my mom cept hearing and seeing weird things and not to long ago I...

Is my house haunted [ 2 Answers ]

I live in springfield road brighton .and I think I have a ghost here,can you find out any information if it is :eek:

View more questions Search