Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 26, 2007, 03:58 AM
    Smilin' Saturday
    Two Gas Men

Two gas men were out checking meters in a residential neighborhood one day. They parked the truck at the end of the street and worked their way up the street. At the last house, a woman watched from her kitchen window as they checked her meter.

Finally finishing their work, the older man, a supervisor, challenged the younger man, his trainee, to a race back to their truck, wanting to prove that an older man could still beat a younger man.

They raced back to the truck, with the supervisor holding a lead, when they noticed that the woman from the last house was racing up behind them. They stopped until she caught up and asked what was wrong.

As she gasped for breath, she said, "When I saw you two gas men running as hard as you could, I figured I'd better run too!"

Blind Date

A guy gets set up on a blind date and he takes her out for dinner to a very expensive restaurant to make a good impression. The waiter approaches the table and asks to take their order.

The lady begins ordering practically everything on the menu, shrimp cocktail, pate, Caesar Salad, lobster, crêpes Suzette, with no regard to the price. The guy is getting very upset, as he never thought she would order so much.

She then stops, and looks across at him, and asks, "What do you suggest I wash it down with?"

"Well my dear, I can think of nothing so fitting as the Mississippi River."

What the teacher says and (what the teacher means)

1. Your son has a remarkable ability in gathering needed information from his classmates.
    (He was caught cheating on a test).

2. Karen is an endless fund of energy and viability.
    (The hyperactive monster can't stay seated for five minutes).

3. Fantastic imagination! Unmatched in his capacity for blending fact with fiction.
    (He's definitely one of the biggest liars I have ever met).

4. Margie exhibits a casual, relaxed attitude to school, indicating that high expectations don't intimidate her.
    (The lazy thing hasn't done one assignment all term).

5. Her athletic ability is marvelous. Superior hand-eye coordination.
    (The little creep stung me with a rubber band from 15 feet away).

6. Nick thrives on interaction with his peers.
    (Your son needs to stop socializing and start working).

7. Your daughter's greatest asset is her demonstrative public discussions.
    (Classroom lawyer! Why is it that every time I explain an assignment she creates a class argument).

8. John enjoys the thrill of engaging challenges with his peers.
    (He's a bully).

9. An adventurous nature lover who rarely misses opportunities to explore new territory.
    (Your daughter was caught skipping school at the fishing pond).

10. I am amazed at her tenacity in retaining her youthful personality.
    (She's so immature that we've run out of diapers).

11. Unlike some students who hide their emotion, Charles is very expressive and open.
    (He must have written the Whiner's Guide).

12. I firmly believe that her intellectual and emotional progress would be enhanced through a year's repetition of her learning environment.
    (Regretfully, we believe that she is not ready for high school and must repeat the 8th grade).

13. Her exuberant verbosity is awesome! (A mouth that never stops yacking).
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 26, 2007, 05:39 AM
    Thank you! I needed a good chuckle.
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

May 26, 2007, 06:22 AM
    Hahhaha that gas one is the best I've heard in a long time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smilin' on Sunday [ 2 Answers ]

Car Privileges The mother and father had just given their teenage daughter family-car privileges. On Saturday night she returned home very late from a party. The next morning her father went out to the driveway to get the newspaper and came back into the house frowning. At 11:30 AM the girl...

The view from Saturday [ 5 Answers ]

Nadia's section What is the sargasso sea? What is a "live-pipped" turtle? What musical did they go see? What are the two reasons the nadia knows about the sargasso sea? Who is lucas? Why is nadia staying in Florida?

Smiling Sunday [ 2 Answers ]

Out Of Step As he was drilling a batch of recruits, the sergeant saw that one of them was marching out of step. Walking up next to the man as they marched, he said sarcastically: "Do you know they are all out of step except you?" "What?" asked the recruit innocently. "I said -- they are...

View more questions Search