Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nana4kids Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 02:40 AM
    Add Memory
    I have a Dell Inspiron 1100 laptop. I need memory. Can I use different name brands for memory or does it need to only be Dell Inspiron 1100?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 26, 2007, 03:30 AM
    No, you can use any compatible memory cards.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 27, 2007, 07:20 AM
    I have a old Toshiba, It Has Max capacity of 512. Had 1 256, added 1 256.
    Think they have to be same Meg. Maybe same speed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to know about memory [ 3 Answers ]

Is 128 mb enough memory on a mp3 player for my seven year old daughter?

Memory Loss [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 32 female. I feel I'm losing my memory. Sometime even not able to recall names of my close friends/relatives for few minutes. I also feel my presence of mind is going rapidly. Can anyone please suggest some ways to come out of the problem- any medicine/eating habbits or something else. ...

Can I take the memory? [ 6 Answers ]

I know nothing about computers... so I'm sorry if my question sounds dumb lol. I got a laptop in January, on windows vista home premium. For me personally it wasn't a good experience. Nothing was compatible with it, I couldn't view most videos as the player I needed wasn't compatible, I really...

Memory [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference bet. Physical memory and virtual memory. I have a total physical memory of 256MB and available is 29.70 MB while virtual is 2.00GB and available 1.96MB. Does this mean that I do not have enough space that's why I'm having slow startup?

Not enough memory [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, sometimes when I attempt to connect to a web site, doesn't matter which one, I get a message that says not enough memory to run this program close one or more programs. If I do C/A/D to see what is running, the normal stuff is there and then Webshots, webshots all the way down the little...

View more questions Search