Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kat555lady Posts: 88, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2007, 11:59 PM
    Missing cd/dvd drive
    I'm missing my cd drive on my computer. I tried to use it a few days ago and nothing would happen. It made a noise but that's it, nothing would come up on my screen so I went looking for it in "my computer" and all I have is C and D drives and then f,g,h,and I which are for removable drives. I don't know if there was an E drive but if there was its gone now. I used PC doctor and it said my cd drive was either corrupt or missing. I can't use system restore because I deleted all of the older back ups before I new it was gone. Can someone help me get it back? I'm using a compaq computer with windows XP sp2 . I need help to get this back please.
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

May 27, 2007, 05:36 AM
    Did you check your Device Manager? Sometimes the driver for your CD Drive is corruput or the cables are not connected properly. Check first if the CD Drive is showing in your Device Manager. If the Device is showing with a yellow exclamation then your driver is corrupt. If it is not there then check for the connections of your CD Drive, the cable might be loose. Fix the cables properly and restart your system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dvd compilation burn missing audio track [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, can anyone out there can help me? I've used Nero VisionExpress 2 for some time to burn movies (along with DVD Shrink) with no problems... until.. tried to burn a compilation of four short dvd movie clips. Seemed to burn fine - picture is fine but there is no audio. Any ideas about what I've...

DVD drive [ 1 Answers ]

I bought the video game Runaway - The Dream of the Turtle. It's a DVD and it installed fine, but when I try to open the game to play it, a message pops up telling me to "Please Insert the original CD/DVD of Runaway 2" when the disc is already in there. I have a Compaq Presario S6300 NX...

DVD drive is missing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, please help! My dvd drive does not show up at all. In the device driver window it has a yellow exclamation point and if I look at the device properties it shows the following error message: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is...

DVD RW drive [ 1 Answers ]

My system is P.4 2.4Mhz. With 1GB ram and running Win Xp Pro. I bought the BenQ DVD RW drive (model no. DW1620) about a month ago, at first, when I installed the drive, it just cannot work. Whenever I insert a disc into the drive, an error message " only part of a readprocessmemory or...

DVD Drive [ 6 Answers ]

Earlier I had a DVD-ROM drive ,I bought a Sony 52/24/52 Cd Writer and replaced the DVD with it making it the master drive now when I try to install the DVD as slave drive it gives me some error during boot about PCI which I think might have something to do with the audio cable from the DVD to the...

View more questions Search