Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tarapaige Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2007, 01:07 PM
    Best Man's Gift
    My boyfriend has been asked to be the best man in his best friend's wedding. We all live in Indiana but the wedding is in Florida and they set the date three months in advance so it has all been a very sudden thing. Neither my boyfriend or I have ever been in a wedding so it is a new thing for us and this couple is being less than helpful. It seems like they don't want to give us any information unless we call and ask for it... and the groom never knows what is going on even when we do call and ask. I don't even think they're going to send us an invitation because we "just know" we're invited, even though I'm not in the wedding. Anyway... we do know that they have a gift registry so my question is... as the best man, is my boyfriend supposed to get them something off the registry or not? And is a gift from both of us as a couple all right? I just want to make sure we're not going to be doing a big wedding "no no." Thanks!
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2007, 01:17 PM
    First, it is poor etiquette to not send you an invitiation - in the wedding or not.
    2nd, Always call the bride! :)
    3rd, it is acceptable to go off the registery to buy a gift and something from both of you is acceptable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early to Mid-90's Song with a man's name as the title [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for the name of a song that came out sometime in the 90's that was an instrumental, named after an old guitar player (I think), and the name was an 'initialed' one, like J.R. Smith(athough the last name had more than one syllable, I'm sure of it). I can remember the music video actually...

Lost in my man's heartlessness [ 9 Answers ]

Im totally lost now. This was my first long-term relationship. I went out with this guy who was supposed to be the love of my life for 4 years and suddenly out of the blue, he called it quits. We decided to move in together only after 7 months into our relationship. Both of us love travelling and...

Can someone take you to court over a gift? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm trying to help out a friend here. A woman that he was involved with and now has broken up with sent him a certified letter stating that he needed to appear before a magistrate. She is claiming that he promised her some items as gifts. In the letter she states what the items are and what she...

Need SERIOUS Help with gift idea! [ 6 Answers ]

I am 22 years old and have been bestest friends with Tess since we were 4 years old, yep that's 18 years - a really old time. She is very dear to me and the truest friend I've ever had but that also means we've given each other every possible B-day and Christmas gift under the sun. Seriously, I am...

Gift certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I revived a gift certificate from my job for $300.00 when I went to use it to pay for the hotels the travel agent took his commission out of my certificate can he do that?

View more questions Search