Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucky07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Child Support - Giving up Parental Rights
    If the biological farther signs his rights away to avoid paying child support - does he has to go to court for this and will this be legal and will he no longer have to pay child support?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 25, 2007, 12:54 PM
    If you had read any of the millions of questions posted here already dealing with this question, you'd know that you can give up your rights, but NOT your obligations.

Giving up your rights means you have no say in how the child support money you will still have to pay will be spent.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 25, 2007, 06:23 PM
    Signing away rights has nothing to do with stoping child support unless the child is being adopted by a step partner or step parent.

And yes it will all need to go though the courts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support / giving up rights? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 22 years old, I have a 5 year old daughter, she is raised very well, by myself and my parents. I filed for child support when she was born and never received anything. Now I just want to end everything I started. I don't care about money and I certainly don't need it. I have come a very long...

Parental Rights and Child Support [ 4 Answers ]

My ex hasn't made any attempt to show me that he cares about our 2 month old daughter and now he said that he would sign over his rights. I just turned in the child support order so should I tell the courts that I don't want child support now if I don't want him in her life and he doesn't want to...

Relinquishing parental rights vs. Child support [ 9 Answers ]

I am currently 8 months pregnant and the father of my baby refuses to speak to me, I have no idea what he plans on doing as far as custody, etc. since he will not return my calls. Ideally, I would like to ask him to relinquish his parental rights but if I do that does that mean that I would...

About child support and giving up parental rights in Florida [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all! I am in need of serious help and have no where else to turn at this point. When I was 6months pregnant. My son's father sat on my stomach in attempt to hurt the child. He does not want anything to do with the child really, his mother is behind all of it. In Florida the grandparent's...

Termination of parental rights and child support [ 3 Answers ]

The father of my grandson wants to terminate his parental rights and thinks that by doing that, he will not have to pay child support. We have been working through the Texas Attorney General's office for 2 years, and he was finally ordered to take a paternity test, today. If he is the father and...

View more questions Search