Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    InTheArmsOfGod Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

May 25, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Learning Hebrew
    Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm wanting to learn a 3rd language and I want it to be Hebrew. Should I go to the bookstore and buy some tapes or what's the easiest way? Thanks!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 25, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Sure, you can get tapes or CD's at a bookstore. You also might want to check out what's available for free online.

learn Hebrew - Google Search

I'm sure that there are children's books in Hebrew that could also help to give you a start.

Maybe there are some people near you who speak Hebrew who might be willing to help you?

There is also the following as a possibility:

Hebrew chat - Google Search

Also, how about finding a Jewish pen-pal who speaks Hebrew?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 25, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Just found this site which also may be a help.

Jewish Resources
    amyswrite Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 10:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheArmsOfGod
    Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm wanting to learn a 3rd language and I want it to be Hebrew. Should I go to the bookstore and buy some tapes or what's the easiest way? Thanks!
    Go to the library and check out "Aleph isn't tough" It makes learning Aleph easy. There is a second book called "aleph isn't enough" but this is for reading biblical Hebrew.
    For learning to speak Hebrew you should really join a class at your local Synagogue or through you local JCC (Jewish Community Center) for a good class.
    If this is not possible I recommend going to:
    The Language Exchange Learn Hebrew Online - Write or Speak in Hebrew Language Exchange
    Or paying for a tutor:
    Learn Hebrew - Biblical Hebrew, Modern Hebrew
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Jun 29, 2007, 01:28 PM
    Maybe Rosetta stone?? It's really expensive but you can get the demo CD for free and if you know someone in the Army they can get it free through skill soft.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jul 18, 2007, 03:57 PM
    If your looking to be able to communicate in business or for personal reasons then you'll need tutoring. Myself, I don't speak fluent Hebrew, but like most any Jewish person that spent any reasonable time in synagogue I can follow along in services. I suggest "Shalom Aleichem," subtitled: learn to read the Hebrew Prayerbook, by Noah Golinkin. It's a good primer.:)

Bobby

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm learning [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I've just started wrestling and I'm not the best any advice

The number 18 in Hebrew ? [ 6 Answers ]

I remember this lady once wearing a pendant on a chain around her neck. Someone asked her something about it and she said it was the # 18 in Hebrew... and that the # 18 meant... life. I never did get the full story, so I'm wondering now what does that mean. Is...

What are the hebrew letters for Archer and or Master Archer [ 1 Answers ]

Please provide the hebrew letters for archer or master archer. I Need help on this. :confused:

View more questions Search