Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    InTheArmsOfGod Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

May 25, 2007, 08:25 AM
    Long distance
    I'm usually on here giving advice, but here I am needing some.

I'll make it sweet and simple. I am moving due to financial reasons and will undoubtedly improve my situation once I move to my new location. She's staying but she really has no ties to where she currently lives as she's moved from time to time and doesn't mind it.

We would only be about an hour and a half away and we both really love each other I guess. She's sad that I'm leaving and so am I, but it's a necessity that I go. Being that it's such a short distance and I will be coming and going from time to time to see her, should we still give it a shot? And will it work?

For me, she's the one right now and I don't see myself with someone else, but I know that's just love pulling the wool over my eyes. I know that after a few months of being away, I will eventually ask her to move my way, but that would mean she would have to drop everything, her work her school and her friends just to be with me. What should I do?
    lmnotok Posts: 217, Reputation: 37

May 25, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Is she willing to sacrify?
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

May 25, 2007, 11:00 AM
    Help yourself before you help others.
    If she loves you, she will understand. You both just have to put your heart and effort into making the distance not a big thing until either she or you move closer to one another.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 26, 2007, 10:57 AM
    but that would mean she would have to drop everything, her work her school and her friends just to be with me. What should I do?
    This is where honest communications come in, as you need to know how she feels, and what she is willing to do. I don't think it fair for her to give up what's important to her especially school. Are you willing to wait? Talk and listen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The long distance or is it him? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm sorry if this story is long but the background is important. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am 25 years old and my ex is 27. We met in the first year of law school and then he moved five hours away for school. Before he moved away, I got...

Long Distance [ 34 Answers ]

Hi! My boyfriend and I have been together for 21 months and we keep a long distance relationship(130 miles). We have been basically living together right from the first week we met, that is, he would stay at my place two full weeks a month. Only last April we started to talk about moving to the...

Long Distance [ 8 Answers ]

I've been seeing this guy for about four months now. He lives kind of far from where I am. We've been talking about moving in together. I know it's soon. He wants me to move there and I'm a little nervous. He's already looking at a place. I'm not sure if I should wait or not. I love him and can...

Help after long distance [ 1 Answers ]

I desperatly need some advice. Im a 24 year old guy and I'm feeling really confused right now. I was in a relationship for 6 years with my last girlfriend, things were great but half way into it I really started to doubt my love for her. My parents were going through a really bad patch at the...

AT & T Long Distance [ 0 Answers ]

I think I'm ready to notify AT & T that we no longer want them as our long distance carrier. I've read and heard some nasty tales about AT & T. With this in mind, what's the best way to proceed? Also, should my letter be sent to their Avenue of the Americas address? Yes, I'm probably overly...

View more questions Search