Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atlmiss Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2007, 08:09 AM
    Answering intent to defend, serve a copy on plaintiff?
    I am going to the court today to file an intent to defend against a claim made by a collection agency Portfolio Recovery Associates, for an amount I do not believe I owe.

The summons says
    "You are hereby required to file with the clerk of said court and to serve a copy on Plaintiff or Plaintiffs Attorney an answer to the complaint ..within thirty days..

So I just noticed the "serve a copy on Plaintiff" part, and the address for the attorney is a P.O. box here in the city AND, the plaintiff address lists the same as the attorneys. How do I go about serving a copy? Can I send a certified letter to a P.O. Box? I am a little worried as I have 1 week before it hits 30 days... I thought I could just answer the court today and then get a court date.

Thanks in advance!
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2007, 08:13 AM
    Yes a copy to the plaintiff or the attoreny for the plaintiff is required.

Send them first class mail with the Certificate of Service attached.

CERIFICATE OF SERVICE

I hereby stated that on this Day ____of ____2007, the following NOtice of Intend to Defend was mail by First Class Mail to:

Plaintiff
    Address

Or Attonrey for the Plaintiff
    Address

Your signature
    ashmon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2010, 12:03 PM
    Comment on mr.yet's post
    Does my intent to defend notice need to be at their office by the 20th day, of a 20 day deadline, or just be postmarked by then?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pos with intent and gun [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend was charged with pos with intent and a gun. The police saw him in a car and called down another cop. I think the cop was supposed to perform a terry stop(pat down for weapon). The cop went down his pants and then found drugs. They did not have probable cause to go to him. What...

Intent to Defend [ 2 Answers ]

I would like a sample form on filing a intent to defend

Notice of Intend to Defend [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I have been reading all of the information regarding credit card companies suing. I too am being sued by Capitol One. My orginial debt was for $800. Which was charged off at $1300. Now they are suing me for $2400.. I submitted a notice with the courts and mailed a copy to the attorneys...

Occlusion of Unknown Origin-How do I defend myself? [ 1 Answers ]

A few weeks ago (when the hot water went out) we discovered that water was accumulating in the basement/crawl space. The landlord determined that an old pipe was leaking (he said he replaced it a few years back with a new line to the main city line). He told us we could not use the water. After 4...

View more questions Search