Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wayofagape Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2007, 07:22 AM
    Child abandonment
    What is the time frame for an abandonment case can be started? What is the criteria?
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

May 25, 2007, 08:24 AM
    Depends on the state. There really isn't a lot of solid information online about the criteria. You really need to ask a lawyer to find out if your case specifically qualifies. Most lawyers will give you free consults, even over the phone. You ask just what you asked here and say you are trying to find out if you have cause to go to court for it.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

May 25, 2007, 09:42 AM
    For most states-from 6 moths to 1 year... but there are a lot of other circumstances,too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abandonment of a child [ 5 Answers ]

I have a sixteen year old niece that is being raised by her widowed mother. She has one more year in high school and is the captain of her dance team at school and does very well in school. Her mother grauated nursing school 3 years ago and just recently has been accepted to a physician assistants...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Child Abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have a qustion about child abandonment. My son's biological father hasn't seen his son since 9mons of age, my son is now 3yrs old. He does pay child support, not enough in my opinion. I haven't seen him (son's father) since our last court date which was Feb. 05'. I have met a wonderful man...

Child Abandonment [ 1 Answers ]

I live in the state of Texas. My daughter is a little over two years old and her father has never seen her. I do have a child support order. Can and how do I file for Child Abandonment so he can never get custody of her?

Child Abandonment [ 1 Answers ]

How long does it take for a parent to have not seen or made no contact with their biological child for it to be considered child abaondment in the state of Illinois?

View more questions Search