Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Singy Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2007, 04:42 AM
    How to ? Corporate Sales for magazines
    I've been offered a job for corporate sales in a big media company. They have 8 magazines. I will be in charge for the sales. The thing is that I've never done sales and the management think that I'd be good at it.

Any advices for how to start and be successful? Any advice? I want to make a good impression. What is the most important in corporate sales?

The magazines I will be selling are : national Geographic, National Geographic Kids, Slam, F1 racing, Cnbc-e, CNBC-e Business, Audi and Volkswagen...
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 25, 2007, 05:13 AM
    Hello Singy:

I would look for something else. Selling magazines is the hardest sales job in the world. Of course they think you'll be good at it. If you sell anything, they're ahead, and then they'll tell the next guy that he'll do great.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 25, 2007, 05:40 AM
    Yes, will you be doing this by phone or going out into the streets.

This is often something they hire older teens or youger college age for, and they set them up in teams that are sent into mall areas, parks, beaches and so on to see. Also done a lot in door to door sales.

The telephone sales is done a lot to,

But all of the magazine sales are getting harder and harder and harder because if someone actually wants one of these they will merely go online and order from the magazine itself.

** plus of course many magazine sales have turned out to be frauds and scams, so the seller and the customer have been cheated.

Also is this selling to private customers or are you going to sell to companies for magazines in their waiting rooms, if so, this is even harder, trying to get purchasing agents to see you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Digital photography magazines [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know what the best digital photography magazine would be to get if I could only have one? I'm a new professional running a business of scenics and landscapes on the web and can only afford 1 magazine. Thanks, J.Wentworth

Opinion Magazines [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find a Opinion Magazine?

High Pressure Sales with Private Sales Clubs [ 4 Answers ]

To Whom: Is it legal in the state of Rhode Island/Connecticut for a private sales club (Direct Buy) to force a prospective member to join immediately after a forced one hour sales pitch? Direct Buy instructs their prospective customers that if they don't apply for membership immediately they...

Opinion Magazines [ 1 Answers ]

I need some examples of popular opinion magazines to research

Trade Magazines [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any popular or good "trade" magazines that would be instrumental in starting a new business?

View more questions Search