Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

May 25, 2007, 03:08 AM
    15 with joint pain/discomfort
    I'm 15, and its gotten into winter now, and for some reason, my joints have started acting up... starting with the joints in my fingers feeling discomfort, sort of creaky and painful, with the discomfort extending from the joints further along from the nuckles to the end of the fingers. Then I started getting similar things in the toes as well.
    The other day, I started to actuall feel discomfort in one of the hip joints (where leg connects to pelvis I think) and I've actually been able to feel the hip joint move when I walk.

I'm only 15, why am I getting joint pain? I've also noticed a slight decrease in joint mobility in those areas.
    Is it just because of the cold weather? My joints have never acted up because of cold weather before this winter.
    I have feet that roll in, which has screwed up everything above (one leg longer than other, spine problems, shoulder and pelvis wonky, I wear orthotics in my shoes and have a wedge in one shoe)
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2007, 05:21 PM
    You sound like you have arthritis-it's actually more common in teens and early twenties than most people think-go to the doctor, it may be controllable, through medication and/or lifestyle changes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coming off Chantix - Joint pain ? [ 20 Answers ]

Ouch! Help. :o Last Friday was my last dose of Chantix. Yippee, right. Well, my elbow joint, right now feels like it is on fire and hurts worse than a toothache. Can I be experiencing joint pain as a result of the Chantix leaving my system. I just took some advil, but it hurts so...

Yorkie has pain in hind leg joint [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2 and a half year of Yorkie. She cries every time her right leg is moved in a specific position such has lying on her left side that causes her right hind leg to kind of rise, or when I pick her up by her underarms. She's not limping when she walks but seems VERY hesitant to lie down on...

Sulfuric burps, diarrhea, and joint pain [ 4 Answers ]

My mom is having a lot of sulfuric burps, diaharreah, and every joint in her body is hurting. What could cause this? :confused:

Finger Joint pain [ 1 Answers ]

The index finger of my right hand has been hurting for about a week now for no reason that I can think of. I don't believe I caused it any trauma and there is no apparent swelling or bruising. However, every time I bend the finger or use it when typing the joint hurts and feels like it has been...

View more questions Search