Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plyinsmn Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

May 24, 2007, 03:53 PM
    Insurance Agent.
    How many of you are just starting in a life insurance career. How do you find it. How many appointments do you make a week and how many do you close. WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR LEADS? Are you on a drw or straight commission or are you an independent.
    I would like to know this because I have been selling Life Insurance for a long time and it was tough when I started out:
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2007, 10:09 PM
    Where Do You Get Your Leads?
    plyinsmn Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

May 26, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Refferrals, Mortgage leads from bank, buy them from a lead co. without leads your dead:confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 26, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Many major larger companies supply leads for their newer agents, plus they have 1000's of orphan policies where agents have left that can be revisited for additional leads or even sales.

Also there are several very good lead generating companies on the internet that you can buy leads from, I will not list them here but if anyone wants to know them, I will be glad to give them to anyone

Also you for life insurance, follow the paper and the court records, people buying homes will need something to cover the mortgage, so often if you watch the trasfer of deeds, and even those selling the property now have money to spend.

Marriage license are a good lead, providing new coverage for a couple.

And while it is the old chase, babies being borned often can provide at least a small policy on the baby but often for the income earner, or even college fund type polcy.

And of course a persons closing ratio will depend on how many appoints they need, But normally if you can get 10 sit down appointments you will sell at least 3 or 4 which in most cases will make you a good base living.
    Plus of course you try and get leads from even those you did not sell.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Becoming a talent agent. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am in high school and am interested in becoming a talent agent. I was wondering what majors I should look into for this career and what can I do now to get a head start or help me get a better picture of the career? Thanks, Phi

Need A Literary Agent [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I've published my first novel. It's a great novel with a great story that has to be told. Does anyone know an honest literary agent willing to take a chance on a newcomer?

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

Insurance Agent [ 1 Answers ]

How much would a insurance agent make a year working through a firm like state farm or allstate in a small town of about 20000 people.

Finding out Agent [ 3 Answers ]

How can I find out who a homeowners insurance agent is ? My daughter was injured on the property when their car backed into her. Reports were done and it has grown ugly. But no where is their Agent mentioned. They of course refuse to tell us.

View more questions Search