Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    0Kai0 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Something is missing. But what?
    Hello my name is Kai and I am 15, a similar question has been addressed before in one of the forums, but I feel my case is a bit different. Before I start I will briefly introduce myself.
    I am a very rational person, I enjoy everything to do with science, philosophy and technology, I love gaming and anime, and hope to make a trip to Japan to study in a near future. As a person, people who know me say I am very intelligent and also say I tend to show who I really am and what I feel to very few, and I mean very few, nevertheless I have many friends, and am not the type with a social problem, or anything of the sort.
    Just recently, I moved to another country, and even though it's the country my family is in, and I like that very much, I miss my friends a lot, sadly, I think I didn't value them and what I had enough until I was already here and realized how much it really mattered. I know that going back now would be different, and pointless, except for visits. Nevertheless I only regret my not seeing how much I really cared about the people there, and I have only learned from the experience. Also, life goes on, going back is not an option. Here I feel people are way too closed, or maybe its just me, but either way, I have failed to make friends here. What leads me to believe most people I have met here are closed, is the sole fact that the only really good friends I made here, were from another state, and much to my unluckiness moved back to there respective homes last year. Maybe that is a rushed generalization, but it is what I think.
    Now to the question. I have along some time now, have the increasing feeling that something is missing in my life, and I have been thinking a lot lately, but I simply do not find the reason, or what it is I'm missing, so that I may pursue it. I have a feeling that what I need, is probably something I do not want to admit I need, but that isn't an answer really. I think it cannot be that this feeling is because I miss my friends, since it had already begun before I moved, and just worsened after,
    The reason I have come, is, having found this site, I hope to hear the opinions of other people, and as I have not identified the cause of my unfaltering lack of "something", they might be able to aid me, or help me with their personal experiences, because apparently this feeling I have is absolutely not uncommon in most teenagers at some point.
    Thank you all in advance
    Sincerely, Kai.
    xD ^^

Hope you guys can gimme a hand here :D

Jun 18, 2007, 06:30 PM
    Seventy-something views, no answers, or opinions. Is my doubt confusing? Or maybe my writing is unclear? Or maybe I just came to the wrong place. Either way no answers ¬¬
    Honestly, just write anything, even if its "dude, i dont get what your saying, refrase"
    Or whatever, I mean, any feed back is better than none at all. Gives me something to act on.
    .. thanx
    nya Posts: 55, Reputation: 8

Jun 20, 2007, 06:05 PM
    Hi OKai0,

I just think you are going through a phase of teenage life of finding what your purpose in life will be. Yes, you are correct it is a normal part of a teenagers life. The key is to find a hobby or charity that you can become involved in. Try different things. Go online and look for volunteer opportunities in your area. You can maybe find out that you have a passion for something you never would have dreamed of. Try volunteering it gives you a good tingly feeling inside and you feel that for now that your life has some purpose. Let me know what you think about it.

Jun 23, 2007, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nya
    Hi OKai0,

I just think you are going through a phase of teenage life of finding what your purpose in life will be. Yes, you are correct it is a normal part of a teenagers life. The key is to find a hobby or charity that you can become involved in. Try different things. Go online and look for volunteer opportunities in your area. You can maybe find out that you have a passion for something you never would have dreamed of. Try volunteering it gives you a good tingly feeling inside and you feel that for now that your life has some purpose. Let me know what you think about it.
    Hi Nya xD
    thanks a lot for your help ^^ I'm definitely going to try doing what your saying, I think your right. Ill leave a post later to let you know how it went :D and thanks again for your help :)
    lydiagr Posts: 33, Reputation: 4

Aug 16, 2007, 11:13 PM
    You know what I think honestly? You may not want to hear this, but there is a piece of your heart that is missing, you feel sort of hallow, and like the life you have just isn't doing it for you. You need God. I felt like that from the time I was in middle school until I was 15 and I didn't know what to do. Life just wasn't fulfilling enough. Having a relationship with Jesus Christ has fulfilled everything I ever wanted and more. I'm taking this from a song, but it's like He's taken my cup, and filled it up, and then just kept filling until it overflows. I found God at a youth group retreat to BigStuf, a Christian camp with 1,500 other students from all over the U.S. I went there just expecting to go to the beach, and ended up crying my eyes out everyday. Even now, every time I listen to one of my favorite Christian songs I just cry. Being a Christian for me isn't about Heaven and Hell, or good and bad or whatever. It's about having a personal relationship with Him, telling him all of my needs and letting him answer my prayers. I know that when I truly give everything over to Him, everything is taken care of and I don't need to worry. For me, it's about love. And filling that void I had in my heart. He sees every tear I cry and repair any broken dreams I have.

My advice is to go to a non-denominational church, so you won't be judged by some Christians that think it's their way or the highway. Go to a fun youth group with people that are in the same stage of life you're in. Even if you don't accept Christ and you don't have one of those moments, you'll most likely find a good friend.

I don't want to come off as pushy or anything, you just sound like me a few years back, and I think you should know that God is the only one that can fill the void in your heart.

Aug 21, 2007, 06:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lydiagr
    You know what I think honestly? You may not want to hear this, but there is a piece of your heart that is missing, you feel sort of hallow, and like the life you have just isn't doing it for you. You need God. I felt like that from the time I was in middle school until I was 15 and I didn't know what to do. Life just wasn't fulfilling enough. Having a relationship with Jesus Christ has fulfilled everything I ever wanted and more. I'm taking this from a song, but it's like He's taken my cup, and filled it up, and then just kept filling until it overflows. I found God at a youth group retreat to BigStuf, a Christian camp with 1,500 other students from all over the U.S. I went there just expecting to go to the beach, and ended up crying my eyes out everyday. Even now, everytime I listen to one of my favorite Christian songs I just cry. Being a Christian for me isn't about Heaven and Hell, or good and bad or whatever. It's about having a personal relationship with Him, telling him all of my needs and letting him answer my prayers. I know that when I truly give everything over to Him, everything is taken care of and I don't need to worry. For me, it's about love. And filling that void I had in my heart. He sees every tear I cry and repair any broken dreams I have.

My advice is to go to a non-denominational church, so you won't be judged by some Christians that think it's their way or the highway. Go to a fun youth group with people that are in the same stage of life you're in. Even if you don't accept Christ and you don't have one of those moments, you'll most likely find a good friend.

I don't want to come off as pushy or anything, you just sound like me a few years back, and I think you should know that God is the only one that can fill teh void in your heart.

Ah I see, well you definitely sound like you were me a few years back, I think I can definitely try what your saying when I have the opportunity, after all, like you said so yourself, even if I don't find it appealing I will definitely have a good time and make friends xD and I would really enjoy that :] ;) this is also a completely new resolution I hadn't thought of ^^
    so thanks a lot!! For taking the time to answer my question xD Ill try what you ask!

PS: Thx again ^^

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What's missing? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not exactly a beginner but for the life of me, I cannot get my Lexmark Z82 to work on mySony Vaio home PC with XP Home. I've updated the latest drivers from the Lexmark website... I've asked my computer for help: dumb as me... The printer can copy docs by itself but nothing, even...

Missing him [ 2 Answers ]

OK Im dating this guy andi like him and he's really sweet and all but I can't stop Thinking about my ex! Hes been calling me bad names and stuff latley but here's what happen with us... Him and I dated for a year and we broke up because we started fighting. Well I dated his friend and his friend...

W-2 missing [ 1 Answers ]

I am missing a W2, so how do I file?

Missing Her [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, This my first time on this site and it has helped me just by reading the comments that you gave to others. Everyone's situation is a little different so I decided to sign up. Three weeks ago my girlfriend who I lived with for 5 years told me that she needed time and space. We broke...

Missing each other [ 1 Answers ]

Will the relationship with my b/f lead to marriage? And will we spend time in each others country? We both feel we are each others soul mates.Me oct 3/61, he is jan 18/61

View more questions Search