Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Smoothjazz1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2007, 10:17 AM
    Custody of Dogs
    Who gets the dogs after break-up
    Smoothjazz1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Me and my Fiancée breaks up about a year ago, she lets me keep the dogs, I have had them for about a year, she wants to take them back since I have moved on with my life.
    cromptondot Posts: 94, Reputation: 11

May 24, 2007, 10:21 AM
    It seems to me it would be the main caregiver,if they have adequate room for them.It is like spliting up with children involved.
    DocWill Posts: 239, Reputation: 40

May 24, 2007, 11:09 AM
    No question in my mind the dogs always seem to out last the lady every time. I am that good. Lol Becides they were all here before her anyway.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Smooth, if you are asking this question from a legal perspective, you get to keep the dogs. She gave them to you. You have had them for a year. She can't just up and change her mind. If she decides to sue you for "custody", unless there is more to this story than you are telling us, she will in all probability, lose. Under the law, dogs are considered property. So, think of it this way, if she gave you a couch, and after a year she decides she wants it back, unless you are willing to do so, she doesn't have any legal claims to it. If it was a month, that might be problematic. But, if a year has gone by without her ever requesting the dogs back, she is not entitled to them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hot Dogs For Dogs [ 7 Answers ]

My 20 Month Old -13 Lb Female Shih Tzu Has Always Been A Picky Eater. Recently We Gave Her A Beef Hot Dog... she Won't Eat Anything Else. I Give Her 2 Hot Dogs At Noon & 2 At 6pm... she Lovvvvvvvvves Them & Is Happy As Can Be. Am I Feeding Her Too Much & Is She Getting Proper Nutrition? Thank You

Are hot dogs safe for dogs [ 7 Answers ]

Are hot dogs safe for me to feed to my dog,or are there any health issues I should be concerned with?

Custody or the lack of custody [ 4 Answers ]

My sons father and I have never gone to court to determine custody. Well he just told me that he is sending my son in a week out of state to his grandmas for 6 weeks. I do not agree with that. Two weeks would have been OK. He already bought the ticket. Is there anyway I can legally stop...

Custody of the dogs [ 4 Answers ]

My fiancée and I broke up a year ago, and I kept the dogs. Now that I have moved on with my life she wants to take the dogs, can she do this legally?

Custody adoption and custody [ 2 Answers ]

My sister and her husband are having dilemma. She has a child from a relationship before she got with her husband at some point. The daughter now loves her step dad more than her real father who is living with a woman now also. My sister is trying to stay very opened minded and has done great for...

View more questions Search