Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mreyes79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2007, 07:57 AM
    Cost of debt
    JB Inc. has $5million of outstanding debt with a coupon rate of 12%. Current yield to maturity is 14%. If the firm's tax rate is 40%, what is the cost of debt for JB?
    bunnyKutty Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Sep 28, 2009, 06:14 AM

Yield to maturity = 14%
    After-tax cost of debt = 14% (1 - 40%)
    = 8.4%
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2009, 12:04 AM

Sigh.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does one calculate after-tax cost of new debt [ 1 Answers ]

Here is the problem. How do I go about calculating the after-tax cost of new debt and common equity. Calculate the cost of equity and calculate weighted cost of capital. I am really confused on this. The following tabulation gives earnings per share figures for the Foust Company during the...

Cost of Debt Calculation [ 3 Answers ]

Firm has a debt issue outstanding with 12 yrs to mature that is quoted at 105 percent of face value. The issue makes semiannual payments and has embedded cost of 8 percent annually. What is the company's pre tax cost of debtand what is the company's after tax cost of debt?

Cost of end. Inv. And cost of goods sold under average cost [ 1 Answers ]

It's me again! I have another question to the same problem. In case someone else responds, I'll post the problem again. June 1 inv20051000 June 12 purch.30061800 June 23 purch. 50073500 June 30 inv. I need to compute the cost of the ending inventory and the cost of goods sold using the...

Debt Equity & Cost of Capital [ 1 Answers ]

McCoy, Inc. has equity with a market value of $40 million and debt with a market value of $20 million. The cost of the debt is 6 percent semi-annually. Treasury bills that mature in one year yield 5 percent per annum, and the expected return on the market portfolio over the ...

View more questions Search