Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terry863 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2007, 07:18 AM
    FireWire IEEE 1394 Adapter install
    I purchased a firewire IEEE 1394 Adapter (3 port) and a firewire cable. (1)I installed the adapter per instructions; (2) reconnected all the wires, turned on computer, desktop came up, popup in lower right corner stated "Found new hardware OHCI compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller". (3)I went to device manager and IEEE controllers were recognized. (4)I plugged in the firewire cable into a port in the new adapter and the screen got a bunch of static lines and froze up.
    (5)I uninstalled the adapter and turned the computer back on and it functioned as normal. (6)I turned it back off unplugged the power cord and all other attachments and reinstalled the adapter again. (7) Performed (1) through (3) again. After the device manager recognized the IEEE 1394 controllers. I Xed out of device manager with intentions of reconnecting the FireWire cable; before I could do that, my screen went GREEN with VERTICAL LINES and froze up.
    So there you have it... That’s my story and I'm sticking to it. Can anyone help me?
    Thanking you in advance for any assistance you might give.

Terry
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

May 24, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Have you installed the drivers (if provided) that come with the adapter? Windows default drivers may not enable all the features/functionality of the adapter card.

One of the better ways to do it is to install the driver first, before plugging in the adapter card.

Also, assuming it's a PCI card, try a different PCI slot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IEEE 1394 FireWire CardBus adapter [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I recently purchased an IEEE 1394 3-port CardBus Host Adapter for my laptop so I could edit video on my DV camcorder using the FireWire port. I inserted the card, the "Found New Hardware" message popped up, then "Hardware Sucessfully Installed" shortly there after. However when I...

Collision detection circuitry in the IEEE 802.3 network cards [ 2 Answers ]

I need to find out whether the Collision detection circuitry in the IEEE 802.3 network cards is either analogue or digital. An explanation of whatever the answer is would help.

3 Port FireWire IEEE 1394 What to buy? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: I have a Panasonic digital camcorder. I want to hook it up to my compac presario 2100 laptop, but I don't have the 1394 connection on my laptop to hook up the cable from camcorder to laptop. I know I have to buy the port (does it matter which brand?) I have to buy the cable (that...

Firewire doesn't recognize the camcorder [ 5 Answers ]

I had connected my camcorder using a cable to Firewire (IEEE1394) before to burn videos to DVDs. It worked fine . But recently I tried again , it seems the computer doesn't recognize the connection of the camcorder through FIREWIRE. I have XP home edition operating system. Can anyone help me with...

Firewire connection [ 1 Answers ]

I want to connect my laptop to my Home Pc using a firewire cable both run XP pro Is this possible? If so can anyone give me a step by step Rabt

View more questions Search