Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jnodrmn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2005, 06:46 PM
    Drilling a hole in glass
    How do I drill a hole in glass? Do I need a special bit or tool?
    docv Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2005, 09:38 PM
    Dremmel
    I know this is a late post... but if the hole you want to drill is a small one, I use my Dremmel tool. They have bits that are made specifically for glass and they aren't expensive at all.

I ruined my project the first time I tried it by being too aggressive... but if you have the Dremmel at high speed and press with a moderate amount of pressure, you shouldn't have a problem.

Again, it all depends on the size of hole you are drilling and the thickness of the glass.

Hope this helps.
    glassart Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2006, 03:57 PM
    Have a web site that helped me. Glass drill bits. They not only have the bits but also good advice. Just thought I would share it with you. glassart
    loricar Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 05:31 PM
    Diamond drill bits for glass can sometimes be found at hardware stores, and if not, try a local glass company

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Guidelines for drilling a floor joist [ 29 Answers ]

We need to run some 12/2 Romex through the floor joists of a newly built home. Can we drill the floor joists wherever we see fit, or are there limits?

Septic hole [ 3 Answers ]

How can I keep a septic tank in ground ( concrete walls ) healthy. Any tips, I heard there are some chemicals one can use to break the "caca" down. Also I hear too much water is no good... any recommendations?? New at this. Thanks:p

Oil Drilling? A few questions? [ 1 Answers ]

My class is doing our own debate about drilling oil in antartica and we need statistics and facts to help our debate. I am on the team that is againts drilling and I'm curious how drilling pil would affect animals. Can someone tell me?:)

Drilling holes in mirror [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've never drilled a mirror before and I need a little help, I'm mounting two wall sconces over a bathroom vanity and need two small mounting screw holes and a small hole to accommodate the wiring for each sconce. A 4' by 5' mirror is on the wall it sits in a bottom channel and is held in...

View more questions Search