Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tnb314 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 08:14 PM
    Need Artists For Benefit Concert!
    Amnesty International at Avon High School is trying to organize a benefit concert for the spring of 2008. Does anyone have any idea how to get a decent artist to perform for free and who would be good for this? The proceeds of the concert will go towards ending the current genocide in Sudan.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!
    NorCal68 Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

May 24, 2007, 12:48 PM
    I wish you would tell us where Avon High School is. Here's a thought, do you know of any famous or even semi-famous people who went to school there? Or even have a connection to your area? Sometimes these people will 'come home' in order to help out. But without more info, there's not too much to tell you.
    tnb314 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2007, 02:47 PM
    It's a small town about 20 minutes from Hartford, CT-- and yea I don't think there's anyone who is even semi-famous from around here.. but I'll look into it

Thanks
    samg1965 Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

May 29, 2007, 02:01 AM
    You can check with the folks at The Hartford Civic Center... They may be able to give you the names of some concert promoters they work with. Or perhaps start with some local club owners who hold concerts. They can give you names of agents, or you may even get someone willing to promote it for you.
    Not sure what type of music you're looking for, but there is Skyline Music in Ney Hampshire who is an agency of many older rock bands. Skyline Music :: Welcome! Good Luck!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Artists Name [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone tell me who recorded the track called CENTREFOLD. Many thank TicTac:)

Concert basement floor uneven [ 3 Answers ]

I am using poreclian tiles in my basement and ran into a problem with the concert floor is a little bit uneven, but I do not wish to rise the floor too much. I need help what kind of material should I use to either level or lay the entire floor on..

What this song and who is the artists? [ 3 Answers ]

A song that I loved when I was kid, I have not been able to find because I have no idea what it's called and who it is by. Some of the lyrics stick in my memory: Here we go Way to fast Something something (not sure) Going to crash Na na na. na na na, na na na na na

View more questions Search