Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nana4kids Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 06:09 PM
    Back ground check
    I got hired at a Daycare center. I need to submit a back ground check. I got arrest for shop lifting and now I am on probation. Will that show up on my back ground check I am in California?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 23, 2007, 06:13 PM
    Yep, it will likely show up but it does necessarily mean you won't be considered. If you have committed and been found guilty of a sex crime or drugs you would not be considered.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 23, 2007, 07:10 PM
    Yes that will show up. All convictions show up on back ground checks

May 23, 2007, 07:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    Yep, it will likely show up but it does necessarily mean you won't be considered. If you have committed and been found guilty of a sex crime or drugs you would not be considered.
    Thanks for taking time to answer may ?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 23, 2007, 07:27 PM
    Yes, it will show up, but as Ballengerb1 stated, it will not automatically preclude you from employment. That depends on your employer. Some do not look at those kinds of convictions. When I worked for Head Start, they would hire people who had similar problems. Everyone makes mistakes and needs a fresh start. Hope you get the job!

May 23, 2007, 11:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    Yes, it will show up, but as Ballengerb1 stated, it will not automatically preclude you from employment. That depends on your employer. Some do not look at those kinds of convictions. When I worked for Head Start, they would hire people who had similar problems. Everyone makes mistakes and needs a fresh start. Hope you get the job!
    Thank you very much!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

Back round check [ 2 Answers ]

How do we do a backround check on a person that it wouldn't cost us anything to do this. Please let me know. Thank you Jeff

Collection agency sent check back with letter [ 5 Answers ]

I received a notice from a collection agency around the 3rd week of Feb. 2007. It stated that they are attempting to collect a debt. They stated who it was for and the amount it was for. I did realize that I owed this. On March 2nd I sent them a check for $100 along with a letter saying that I...

Open ground when neutral not touching ground [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I was moving around a room and noticed my wife wanted her desk elsewhere. I decided to, since she would have her computer on it, check the outlet she would be moving to. It seemed old so I changed it. I noticed before I changed it that with my GFCI tester, all sockets on this circuit were...

View more questions Search