Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drali77 Posts: 127, Reputation: 5

May 5, 2005, 03:45 PM
    Bios password
    Please someone give me a toshiba bios backdoor password,
    My bios are password protected and I don't remember the password . :confused:
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2005, 12:40 AM
    I think you can reset the password by removing the CMOS battery from your motherboard for around 30 minutes. The battery will look like a large watch battery (round, flat disk). There might also be a jumper that you can use to clear your CMOS memory - check your motherboard manual to see if you have one of these.

Just watch out when opening your PC and tinkering around inside. You can fry yourself and/or the components in your computer. If you don't feel confident - take it to a PC repair shop.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 6, 2005, 05:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by drali77
    please someone give me a toshiba bios backdoor password,
    my bios are password protected and i dont remember the password . :confused:
    First, even if we had one, it would be unethical to provide it. We have no idea what or who's machine you are trying to break into.

Second, there are generally 2 ways to reset the entire CMOS (not just the passwords). One is through a motherboard jumper if your mobo has that feature (check your documention to see). The other is to pull the battery. It may be necessary to pull the battery for up to 24 hours depending on the system.
    cbee55 Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

May 6, 2005, 07:31 AM
    I assume it is a Toshiba Laptop you wish to bypass the BIOS password.

Unfortunately, in the past the vast majority of Tosh laptops could only have their BIOS password bypassed by using an adapter that plugs into the parallel port (basically certain pins are shorted out on the parallel interface. Removing the BIOS battery makes no difference. Not sure if this is still the case.

May 6, 2005, 12:48 PM
    Thanks for your answers ,it's a toshiba laptop and I don't know where are the batteries , by pressing the left shift button while startup doesn't help, I just want to know that can I use my laptop again because it got loads of data in it ,please please help me to bypass the password or if anyone know the backdoor password please let me know .
    Waitng for your opinion :mad:

May 6, 2005, 03:37 PM
    With a laptop you probably need to remove the System battery for a period, I would give it at least 24 hours.

And, again, I suggest you not ask for unethical help like asking for "backdoor" passwords.

May 7, 2005, 02:05 PM
    Thanks for the reply but I don't know how to remove the batteries please help and explain?

May 8, 2005, 04:02 AM
    Check your manual. The Battery either slips out or is behind a panel.

May 8, 2005, 07:12 AM
    What model of Tosh laptop is it ? There should be a code on the underside on the serial number label, e.g. PS600E-01YNE-DK.

May 8, 2005, 01:59 PM
    Thanks for the replies my model is toshiba tecra s1 and the number is

Pt831e-1035q-en
    Hope you will help me

Waiting for your reply

May 8, 2005, 02:37 PM
    Depending on your version of BIOS, depends on how to remove the password.

Certain BIOS versions require the parallel interface reset as mentioned in my previous post, other versions require the need to short out some pins. However, these pin are not accessible without dismantling the laptop to some extent, and as mentioned previously would be unethical to identify the procedure for doing this.

Your best bet would be to contact a local Toshiba Reseller for assistance.

Removing BIOS batteries, etc won't clear passwords on Toshiba Laptops.

May 8, 2005, 02:45 PM
    Forgot to add, sorry I couldn't provide more info, but at least you know that it isn't as straight forward as it could be on some other manufacturers kit.
    amtamt Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Mar 20, 2007, 05:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by drali77
    please someone give me a toshiba bios backdoor password,
    my bios are password protected and i dont remember the password . :confused:
    I think you can reset the password by removing the CMOS battery from your motherboard for around 30 minutes. The battery will look like a large watch battery (round, flat disk). There might also be a jumper that you can use to clear your CMOS memory - check your motherboard manual to see if you have one of these.

Just watch out when opening your PC and tinkering around inside. You can fry yourself and/or the components in your computer. If you don't feel confident - take it to a PC repair shop.
    masteraudio1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Comment on amtamt's post
    Not a good answer.. i have atoshiba.. and don't even know where cmos batery is

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toshiba Laptop Bios Password [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all, I had my friend setup a Bios password on my Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop yesterday, and I lost the piece of paper he wrote the password on. When I asked him what he set it up as he said he forgot. We've been trying all sorts of things it could be, but no success. I use my laptop for my...

Bios IC [ 2 Answers ]

I want to locate where is the BIOS IC of my laptop so that I can study it but I cannot locate it... Could you tell me where is the bios IC on my motherboard? My laptop is Toshiba satellite SA10-S703...

Toshiba Laptop BIOS Password Cracker [ 15 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I have Toshiba Satellite 1800 Laptop. The Laptop has a BIOS password that I didn't know. When my company bought it for me it was set by a password. No one knows what the password is. Could you please Help me on this. I've tried a lot including resetin by using the parellel port....

Bios [ 1 Answers ]

HELP I just bought myself a new CPU and cooling fan but it only runs at 3000rpm it supposed to go twice that speed (which I need it to) since my system hits 40-50'c in a matter of minutes, I asked my dealer about it they said I had to change the settings in my BIOS to get the fan to go faster but...

Bios [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have an IBM laptop computer (Type 2656) and the system board crashed so I lost all my info. I have insurance so I sent it to get fixed. My problem is that since IBM places their recovery information on a partitioned part of my hard drive... I now do not have it. My hard drive has been...

View more questions Search