Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chevy666 Posts: 127, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 03:51 PM
    Belly Button Piercings
    Hi I'm 14 n I was wondering if anyone out there has any tips or a step process for a self piercing your belly button?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 23, 2007, 03:53 PM
    The best tip I have is have it done professionally. You really don't want the infection that can be caused by doing it yourself.
    steviebeezie Posts: 66, Reputation: 13

May 23, 2007, 03:54 PM
    DIY piercing is generally a bad idea. Most people do it wrong even when given good instructions. If your parent's aren't letting you get one, wait till you're 18.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2007, 04:00 PM
    Have you ever seen an infected navel... very scary. That is probably what will happen if you attempt to do it yourself. I know you probably do not want to hear this but I totally agree with the previous posts, you should wait and get it done professionally. You may even change your mind by the time your 18!
    hershey_kiss49 Posts: 4, Reputation: -2

May 31, 2007, 06:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy666
    Hi I'm 14 n I was wondering if anyone out there has any tips or a step process for a self piercing ur belly button?
    Hey. Im only 13 and one of my friends did it herslef last year and it was done fine. She did it and it didn't get infected. But her mom saw it and made her take it out. It really sucked so now her mom won't let her get any piercings. It sucks. But I got mine done pro and I just say to keep it really clean but don't over clean it because then it swells up. Any other questions you can e-mail me if you want to. My e-mail is EMAIL REMOVED
    laura hamilton Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2007, 05:34 AM
    GET IT DONE PROFESSIONALLY please don't do it yourself.
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Jun 1, 2007, 11:03 AM
    DO NOT do it yourself. There are many risks such as: Infections, damage pain, etc. You must get it done perfessionally!
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Jun 1, 2007, 11:07 AM
    If you have ever done any reading on any kind of piercings there are several things to consider and the above posts are right on in saying don't do it yourself. You can cause partial paralysis if not done in the exact right spot. Not to mention the pain, infection and all the other things that go along with it. Just let a professional do it. Having that done now a days is not that expensive and you will possibly save yourself some medical bills in the meantime!
    hershey_kiss49 Posts: 4, Reputation: -2

Jun 1, 2007, 01:00 PM
    If she wants to do it its her decision. If she wants to deal with it let her.
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Jun 1, 2007, 01:13 PM
    Hershey she asked us our opinion, so we are giving it. She isn't having an issue with our answers, why should you be? She is obviously on the fence about whether to do it herself or not, and this is how she is choosing to work through it and make a decision.
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

Jun 1, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hershey_kiss49
    If she wants to do it its her desicion. If she wants to deal with it let her.
    That is such bad advice, she is not even of legal age to have it done professionally, doing it herself could only cause problems. You don't let a child do something just because they want to, if so my 9 year old would have a tattoo and a mohawk.
    hopeful_help Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    -

Jun 1, 2007, 08:20 PM
    So I think you should ask your parents but if you really reallly want it and you have thought about it for months then you can try to do it yourself but that's a decision only you can make... but the best way and safest way would be professionally done..
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Jun 1, 2007, 08:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful_help
    so i think u should ask ur parents but if u really reallly want it and u have thought about it for months then u can try to do it urself but thats a decision only u can make... but the best way and safest way would be professionally done..
    I agree. Good post.
    BrennaBear Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Jun 30, 2007, 11:27 PM
    All right, I'm almost sixteen, I've done my belly button twice on my own, I've done about seven ear piercings, my nose, and my lip. My friend is a piercer and he agrees that I'm good enough to give advice. The trick is to make sure it's not too shallow but it's not too deep. You might want to buy two rings, one for while it's swollen [the first you put in] and one for after the swelling goes down. Swelling is a pretty usual part of piercing. But if you make it too shallow, then it will migrate [force] it self out of your body. The infections are pretty bad. To clean it you want to soak something like a cotton ball in a salt water solution. Apply one three times a day the first time you want to do it for about ten minutes every other time you want to do it for about five. Use an anti bacterial soap to clean it and make sure you put some on the ring and push it through, to disinfect the inside of it. You don't want to take it out. Seriously. They can close up pretty fast and they're a to get back through.

And to the guy talking about how someone obviously doesn't have a kid, I do. And if they don't learn to express themselves then we'll all be boring stuck up s.
    BrennaBear Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Jun 30, 2007, 11:28 PM
    Ooh. And keep from putting alcohol, peroxide, things like that on it, because it makes it take longer to heal.
    victory_pa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2010, 09:00 AM
    When getting your bellybutton pierced... don't be stupid... I did my own when I was in 7th grade and completely screwed up! I have a nasty scar and I'm always getting asked what's on my belly button. Wait until you can get it professionally done! You won't regret it!
    rosanna-hope Posts: 109, Reputation: 9

Feb 15, 2010, 07:06 AM

I really advise against doing it yourself or getting your friend to do it! My cousin got hers done by her friend and it he did it to deep and went into her muscle, its extremely painful and the risk of infection if you do it yourself/someone else do it is so high its not even worth it! You're better off paying £25-£30 knowing everything is clean and safe. Its essentially more painful if you do it yourself and can leave you with a nasty scar or needing surgery if done incorrectl.

Hope this helps, rosannah-hope.
    zebrastripes420 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2012, 07:36 PM
    Im 14 also and had my sister pierce mine. She'd also done all my brothers 5 piercings and multiple for his friends before. I wouldn't suggest doing it yourself but if you do isuggest going to painfulpleasures.com and buying the stuff for it there. Don't use a safety pin or a sewing needle. Ive had some bad experiences with those. Anyway, after its peirced make sure to clean it regularly. What works best to clean it is either peroxide or dial unscented antibactirial soap. I used dial for the first 3 weeks every time I showered and never got an infection. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly button piercing [ 8 Answers ]

How can I pierce my belly button myself? How can I set the needle? :confused:

Scleroderms + belly button piercings [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a teenager and I have scleroderma. I want to get my belly button pierced and my mom said I could if my doc. Said it was okay. I wanted to talk to other people before I talked to him.. so can you get your belly button pierced if you have scleroderma?-thanx them

Belly Button Piercings [ 4 Answers ]

I got my belly button pierced on Friday. It has been really red and oozing a lot of puss, which I am told is normal. But today, it seems to be leaking a clear sitcky liquid, It looks like balls on the barbell are sinking into my stomach and actually creating a bigger hole. Should I take it out or...

Do you know anything about belly piercings? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm about to get my belly pierced next week at this place that almost all my friends have got theirs done at. I'm extremely nervous!! I'm 14 and the place I'm going to, you don't need a parent with you and it only costs like $20. I don't know what kind of place it is but I really want my belly...

Belly Button [ 6 Answers ]

I heard that if mom-to-be's belly button is outie then it's a boy and girl if it is innie. Is it true? Does anyone heard of such thing?

View more questions Search