Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kat555lady Posts: 88, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Windows explorer
    I'm using a compaq computer with windows xp sp2 and using internet explorer. I can't seem to find windows explorer. Every time I click on the button and that says windows explorer "my documents" come up. So how do I find windows explorer?
    c_starrs Posts: 64, Reputation: 5

May 23, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Windows explorer is your File Browser, it lets you see your files which is why it opens at My Docs... It's not a internet browser.
    Haxzor50 Posts: 147, Reputation: 1
    -

May 24, 2007, 06:16 AM
    Windows explorer has nothing to do with the internet, it just helps you browse your files...

May 24, 2007, 06:29 AM
    Well thanks for just repeating me... very kind of you :)
    Haxzor50 Posts: 147, Reputation: 1
    -

May 24, 2007, 01:57 PM
    Ooh.. I didn't even see that lol, yeah hahaha I repeated you!

May 28, 2007, 12:33 PM
    About your comment, it goes to My Documents cause Microsoft wants it too. That's the way it's programmed, cause it's supposed to be the most used folder, Microsoft thought "why not start exploring from there"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blank Explorer Windows [ 5 Answers ]

I have been having this problem for some time, and cannot figure out what is wrong. While on the internet when clicking on a link that opens another window the window that is opened is blank. No writing, blank. The address doesn't even appear. I ran Ad-aware, and that did not fix the problem. ...

Windows xp explorer problem [ 1 Answers ]

My windows explorer doesn't have the option to "view as webpage' anymore, which means images in my picture folder are not displayed in the thumbnail view. I only get a funny icon and I have to double click to get the picture. I have a windows xp professional which use to have the option 'view as...

Windows Explorer Window Size [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Forum, After a fresh installation of Windows 98SE, when I open a WINDOWS Explorer window, it would be about 8 1/2 inches tall and About 12 1/2 inches wide on my 17 inch monitor. However, when I open any more windows, THEY come out to about

Windows Explorer Problem [ 1 Answers ]

All programs ceased to work: including desktop icons and start menu programs. I can access AIM (Aol Instant Messenger). No my computer, no control panel, no system restore or other system programs. I can access run, but once you find something it will not open anything. Every time I click on any of...

View more questions Search