Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

May 23, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Nebraska modification battle...
    This is probably a stupid question but here goes anyway... does anybody know of any lawyers who do pro bono family law and can represent in Box Butte County Nebraska? I live in California and need a lawyer in Nebraska. I need to defend myself against a motion for modification and possibly a reverse of custody for change of circumstance. If I can even find out the forms necessary and procedures that would be great. So if anybody is a lawyer or knows of one I would appreciate any help, thanks!
    1badchoice Posts: 227, Reputation: 45

May 24, 2007, 01:09 AM
    If this action was brought by a private lawyer you will have to get an attorney. If they were brought through child support enforcement you can represent yourself. I would contact any law school in the area, social services for income based legal services, etc. If you in fact have to get an attorney, you can ask that the petitioning party be required to pay for part or all of attorney's fees. I know this is extremely scary. Try and take it one step at a time. The honest thing is that you may be required to get an attorney to protect your interests. If you cannot afford one... show up anyway. Often the judge will give more time for you to get an attorney and may even require you get one. Remember, one step at a time. Cathy
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

May 25, 2007, 11:05 PM
    Box Butte County Attorney
    Kathleen J. Hutchinson
    PO Box 660
    Alliance, NE 69301-0660
    (308)762-8346
    TRY TO FIND Imhoff & Associates, P.C.. They are located in Scottsbluff.or Cline, Williams, Wright, Johnson & Oldfather, L.L.P.Scottsbluff Office-115 Railway Street, Suite A115
    Scottsbluff, NE 69361-http://www.clinewilliams.com/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody Battle! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I'm Kelli. I'm 22. I have two daughters, Sarah (3) and Emily (1). :) They are my life. In March, I eloped to a gentlemen I thought I loved. We only dated for a short time but I thought this person would make my family "whole" (I am from a broken home and foolishly thought this would bury...

Battle for middle earth 2 [ 2 Answers ]

My computer is all right but I have heard that if your computer is not brilliant Your PC can not handle battle for middle earth how do I find out if it can ?

Out of state custody battle [ 1 Answers ]

The custodial parent lives in Arizona, the father in Hawaii. Circumstances dictate that the 16 year old boy would be better raised by his father at this time. How does the father go about gaining custody?

Custody Battle [ 2 Answers ]

My godson is seeking joint custody of his daughter. He pays child support and wants the courts to tell the mother she can not take the daughter out of town to live no matter what. What are his changes of getting the request order in court?

Battle w/ex over dependents [ 2 Answers ]

By mid June 2005 I satisfied IRS requirements for claiming my two children as dependents. They lived in my home more than half the year, and I provided more than half their support (NCP not paying support). In June 2005 I was handed a divorce decree stating my ex and I each are to claim one...

View more questions Search