Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oldsoapy2 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2003, 10:19 AM
    Hp photosmart Printer 7550
    We just recently purchased this printer has all the whisle and bells at Office Depot at a good price $269.00
    A little disappointed in in the printing results .Some prints come out great and others not so great. Maybe we don't know what we are doing.. Any ideas that you have will be helpful and appreciated. As it is we still can return this hp photosmart for and exchange or credit.
    Thanks a bunch.
    Paul & Dot
    elina Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2003, 04:14 AM
    hp photosmart Printer 7550
    Paul and DOT, hi, well if you are not happy with the way the prints came out, I suggest returning the hp printer and get your money back, and buy a different brand name printer, like EPSON, CANON, or LEXMARK or maybe RICOH. Needless to say, a hefty price tag does not always equal quality. This is especially true with HP products. And even more so when it comes to inkjet printer. See, HP is the top-of-the-line when it comes to laser printer, cause there specialty was just laser printers, until EPSON pioneered the inkjet printers. Now, your photosmart printer is an inkjet printer, and HP just downright sucks at inkjet printers. Everybody in the PC industry knows it. HP knows it, too! Lol ;D. HP calls it office jet, deskjet, and photosmart to cover it up.. ha. Anyway, if you guys still like inkjet printers, any of the above name brand is good, except LEXMARK or RICOH which is OK. By the way, if you guys hear so many good things about DELL, you can buy a DELL inkjet printer if you like, but the problem is.. all of DELL'S printer is really made by LEXMARK. Lol ;D. So, that means it's either a CANNON or an EPSON. Me, I don't trust CANON cause some of their printers are LEXMARK clones.. another lol. So, we're back to EPSON. CHEERS! ;)
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Aug 20, 2003, 04:48 AM
    hp photosmart Printer 7550
    Needless to say, a hefty price tag does not always equal quality.
    Very very true. :):)

A few things to check first:

Are you selecting "best" print quality?

Are you using photo paper and telling the printer software you are using photo paper?

I have an HP 960C and In my opinion the photo prints are pretty good for a two year old printer. So I assume a new printer that costs more SHOULD provide at least the same quality results.

If you do end up returning the printer, as mentioned above, an EPSON printer is a great replacement. :)

~psi42

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which printer is best? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi all, I have a question, slightly similar to another thread, but not quite. I'm looking to buy a printer, just for printing out Word documents, invoices, scripts and that sort of thing. I would be potentially running off about a hundred pages a week minimum. I am sick of paying extortionate...

HP Printer 950 [ 3 Answers ]

My HP All in One 950 psc printer works fine on the print function, but on copy and on scan it will say "warming up" and just sit there. I have turned off, unplugged, reset, and still nothing. Occasionally it will work, but usually not. Any suggestions? ...

Which printer should I go with? [ 8 Answers ]

I have been considering purchasing a printer that has the capability of printing onto DVDs and CDs, which I see Epson is really taking up on. Currently, I have a very nice Dell All-In-One Printer with LCD screen, etc... and it works great, but ALL cartridges must be bought from Dell, which tends...

Printer [ 3 Answers ]

I have an Epson Stylus Photo Printer that I want to install on the Windows XP. When I get to a certain point of in the installing, it reads that if I continue it may impair or destablize the operation of the system. It will let me continue or quit. Would the Epson work with the XP?

View more questions Search