Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skater44 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 09:55 AM
    John Deere JX75
    I hit a rock with my mower ,now the blade won't engage.The blade and motor move freely and the belt is tight,but the clutch doesn't seem like it's engaging.I took the blade off ,but can't figyre out how to get the clutch assembly apart.Thie is a 3 year old John Deere JX75 HELP THANKS
    turfman Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 04:05 PM
    Hopefully you didn't bend the shaft. You can tell this if you turn the mower on its side (fuel cap up) and slowly turn the blade around carefully watching the distance between the end of the blade and the inside edge of the deck. If that gap changes in a complete revolution, it could be expensive:( Hopefully it is only the BBC (blade belt clutch) which does go out on these models. The BBC is the clutch that activates the blade. If it is not working, the mower will die when engaging the blade. Hope this solves your issue.:)
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2008, 06:41 PM
    Well?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere replacement [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I have a JD L120 with 65hrs and a failed Hydro, Luckily its 23months old and will receive a new Hydro under warranty. As it has only lasted 1 1/2 summers I am sceptical to it's longevity. I mow a series of slopes covering 6 acres. I am interested in a replacement that will last, any...

John Deere 160 [ 2 Answers ]

I took the floating deck off, when I put it back on, it will not move. I have an owner's manual, but it's no help. Does anyone know where I can get a diagram of how to reattach the deck? THanks, AWE

John Deere shuts itself off [ 3 Answers ]

John Deere tractor, L120, 3 years old. Tractor is shutting itself off after 45 minutes of use. It will restart only by keeping the choke and throttle wide open (to get myself back to my garage so I don't have to push it.) I THINK I eliminated a fuel problem, as I have blown out all fuel lines,...

John deere mower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi.my riding mower won't stay running.it will run fine for about five minutes then die,won't restart until it cools down after 30 minutes or so.I changed the coil,spark plug and have fresh gas in it.

John Deere LT 110 will not start [ 2 Answers ]

When I turn the ignition key no hour meter reading and no power. I checked the battery cable and the fuse, all are OK. The tractor was running fine just minutes before this problem, so the battery is fine. Before this problem I had a sticky starter - would occasionally have to bump start using...

View more questions Search