Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    navy_sr_chief Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

May 23, 2007, 09:44 AM
    MBA vs. Certification as a Professional Manager
    Hello all,

- I need a little career advice here. I am a Senior Chief in the Navy and due to retire from active duty in about 18 months. I have 8 classes left to obtain my bachelor’s degree in Technical Management from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. If I stay at my present pace, I will finish this degree in Dec. of this year.
    - With about one year left in the Navy after I finish my undergraduate degree, I will not have the time to finish a MBA program before I retire. I would have time to finish the Certified Manager's course through the Institute of Certified Professional Managers which takes about 9 months to complete.
    - Here is my question: Which is more valuable in the job market and on my resume: a MBA still in progress or a completed certification as a Professional manager? I still plan to complete an MBA through St. Leo University regardless, but I need to know which one will give the most immediate bang for my buck.

Thanks in advance.

Paul Reynolds
    shawnp803 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 01:13 AM
    They Both Would Look Good But It Would Be Better To Go With The Mba It Would Look Better And You Will Make More Money And You Can Become A Manger There Good Luck On Your Choise And God Bless.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 14, 2007, 05:44 AM
    The Certified Manager Course may not be as well known, A MBA is very well known and fairly well sort after.

If you can do both, I think that is what I would do, get the one, then the other. But I am not one to tell a Senior Chief anything but thank you for the service to our county.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

UL Certification in Saudi Arabia? [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if UL Certification is a requirement in Saudi Arabia? We are reworking a motor for a piece of hospital equipment to be 220v/60mz and need to know if we have to go through this step to export.

Teacher certification on line? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! Have any of you folks had experience with or investigated teacher certification on line? I like the idea of taking tests and really studying. Plus I went to college for an accumulative 5 years in several countries. Can any of you recommend a recognized program? Thanks! JB

View more questions Search