Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alanalov Posts: 88, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2007, 07:04 AM
    1st date: go or NOT go?
    Would you go out on a first date with a guy you're NOT really interested in, but you want to remain friends with?
    Is it better to go or not to go, if you know that the guy is really into you? Keeping in mind you don't want to hurt him.

Thanks
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 23, 2007, 07:09 AM
    Whoa! A date? You are going to give him the wrong idea. Be gentle but be honest. I know I'd get the wrong message if that happened to me. He will be hurt if you tell him you don't feel as strongly as he does but he will be crushed if you lead him on.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2007, 07:23 AM
    No don't go, if you go and give him false hope, you will only end up hurting him in the long run, esp, if you know that you do not welcome this type of affection from him. If you go, just to please him, then you are compromising yourself for someone else's gain. Which is never a good idea. But remember that friendships, can sometimes, be the beginning of a romantic relationship, built on a strong foundation.
    alanalov Posts: 88, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2007, 08:06 AM
    I am honest and I would do anything not to hurt him, but he's begging for a date .
    And I think he'll think that I really don't like him if I don't go
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2007, 04:49 PM
    If you choose to go just make sure he understands that it is as a friend... nothing more
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

May 27, 2007, 01:10 PM
    A date? And you have no interest in him? NO! Wrong! He'll definitely get the wrong message.

Yet, you may go out with him and spend some time together as being friends, if you can make this clear for him, of course.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interpreting text messages after 1st date [ 8 Answers ]

So I met this girl online and we met at a tea house for some tea, the date went great, it felt very comfortable for the entire 1.5 hours and we never ran out of things to say. We laughed together and definitely had many things in common. I held out on kissing her at the end of the date. Later that...

1st editions [ 4 Answers ]

How can you tell if a book is a first edition? Where should I look to see?

1st date in about 3 months tomorrow! [ 10 Answers ]

A really cute girl I have been flirting around with for a while, and finally going out on of all things a FOOTBALL date... wow... speachless. We are going out for a date to watch football all day together... can't believe it! She is only 21, but I'm only 25, so shouldn't be a big deal. The only...

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search