Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 23, 2007, 07:04 AM
    What's missing?
    I'm not exactly a beginner but for the life of me, I cannot get my Lexmark Z82 to work on mySony Vaio home PC with XP Home. I've updated the latest drivers from the Lexmark website... I've asked my computer for help: dumb as me... The printer can copy docs by itself but nothing, even notepad/wordpad works from the PC! If I go to Control panel, the printer shows up... tried un-installing... tried disconnectiong the hole thing and restarting to try find new hardware... I'm at loss. Please, someone hep me.
    :o
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

May 24, 2007, 07:40 AM
    I assume your connected via USB?

Have you tried other usb ports?

Have you tried the printer on another PC?

How about connecting through the parallel port?

Also, I believe the printer is rather old, so maybe time for a new one :)
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 25, 2007, 07:59 AM
    HVAC888 said, "Also, I believe the printer is rather old, so maybe time for a new one" :)

Duh! It's not the printer that's getting old...
    When I rearranged my office two weeks ago so I could look out the window at my new pool, I plugged the printer powercord into a switched outlet (which was not switched on)
    Of course, I only discovered that after trying another port... updating drivers... trying a different USB cable (even tried parallel)... yes, swapped to another PC (it worked because I was in a different outlet... )
    I think I need a cup of coffee, now... :o

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missing my ex [ 10 Answers ]

How do I get this girl out of my head after a 4year relationship I found she lied cheated all through it and I still can't get her out of my head any help accepted

W-2 missing [ 1 Answers ]

I am missing a W2, so how do I file?

Missing Her [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, This my first time on this site and it has helped me just by reading the comments that you gave to others. Everyone's situation is a little different so I decided to sign up. Three weeks ago my girlfriend who I lived with for 5 years told me that she needed time and space. We broke...

What am I missing here? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: My question, Is there something more going on in my life than I am not aware of and if so what is it exactly? I feel its staring me in the face but I can't quite grasp what it all is. My brother past on a few years ago and I feel it has a lot to do with him. Hope you can help. Thank...

Missing each other [ 1 Answers ]

Will the relationship with my b/f lead to marriage? And will we spend time in each others country? We both feel we are each others soul mates.Me oct 3/61, he is jan 18/61

View more questions Search