Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iupetre Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 05:25 AM
    Yeast infections
    Hey guys got a problem. My fiancé says that she is getting "yeasty" not long after we have had sex. The last few times we've had sex, I made sure to get extra special clean, but she says it happens again. I've been to a doctor to have some test done on me, but he says I'm clean.

What are we doing wrong?

We could use a health expert!
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2007, 05:47 AM
    Just a thought but are you making sure she is well lubricated before intercourse that can make us somewhat sore if we aren't.

May 23, 2007, 05:49 AM
    Yes, and we are actually using an organic lubricant we picked up from earthfare.
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2007, 05:55 AM
    Is it water based this lube?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 23, 2007, 06:02 AM
    She needs to remember to clean well after also, and not use soap, only fresh water as soap tends to dry a woman out.

Another thing is: Has she been treated for the yeast by her doctor?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 23, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Do you both wash before having relations? Cleanliness is important if she is prone to these type infections.

And has been mentioned, has she seen a doctor to find out if that's in fact what she had.

Certain medications can make you susceptible to these as well.
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

May 23, 2007, 11:05 AM
    One word for her "Acidopholis"!! Not sure if I spelled it right but I live by it. Have been on it for several years! I keeps the good bacteria in our systems. I used to get yeast infections after sex as well as if I was taking an antibiotic. I have not had one since (knock on wood) and its been 3 years. You can find it at any drug store or health food store. It needs to stay refrigerated but you can find some that do not need to be.

May 23, 2007, 11:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    Is it water based this lube??
    Yup! This is one we use:
    Buy Homeopathic Luscious Flower by Sensua
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2007, 12:56 PM
    Ya know just maybe it might be what's causing the problem , id also take j_9's advice and get her to get herself checked out it might be that intercourse makes the dormant yeast with in her multiply her dr should be more than able to help.
    Good luck xx
    Uber Member

May 23, 2007, 01:01 PM
    Oh, and any anti-bacterial soaps in the vaginal area are another sure way to get a yeast infection as it disturbs the bacterial balance. Those are a big NO-NO for women. Or for him as the effects can transfer over.
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2007, 01:09 PM
    Smoothy hunn j already said that ;)
    Uber Member

May 23, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Sorry, missed that somehow... :D
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Hehehehehehe stuff happens ;)
    Uber Member

May 23, 2007, 01:20 PM
    Actually I went back to read... only regular soap was mentioned... certain mild soaps are fine... but ANY of the antibacterial ones even if he uses it before will cause this... its not a drying out thing.. its a killing off the needed beneficial bacteria that's at fault.

Found that out years ago... personal experience. I did she didn't but still the problem till I avoided it as well.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 23, 2007, 01:24 PM
    It is called the normal flora, I meant that the WOMAN should not use soap due to the drying factor.
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

May 23, 2007, 01:28 PM
    If she is getting recurrent yeast infections it might be worth suggesting she iron her panties! It sounds ridiculous but my dr suggested doing this when I was getting them all the time, as low washing temperatures often don't kill off the infection, so a hot iron over the area will! It worked, I hardly ever get them now!
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

May 23, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Hence me suggesting the Acidopholis that no one seemed to notice... hmmm hmmm
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2007, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kanicky73
    Hence me suggesting the Acidopholis that no one seemed to notice..... hmmm hmmm

I agree with this. (Not that no one noticed)
    My daughter would be on antibotics when she was still in diapers and would get yeast infections - her ped. Suggested this and I swear by it now. We actually eat lots of yogurt during antibotic season because yogurt has this in it.
    Her dr. said that she would get them all the time after sex with her husband. She took this and hadn't had one in years. (I know - TMI from my doctor)
    brandy681 Posts: 295, Reputation: 26

May 23, 2007, 02:15 PM
    I agree with kanicky about the acidopholis vitamin supplement because we have been on it and my boss has also for several years and have not had a yeast, bladder infection since she has been on it. What position are you guys having sex? If you have sex in the vagina but through the back doggy style then she will LIKELY develop a yeast infection because some of her anal area is rubbing against her vagina and getting carried in her vagina causing yeast to grow. Try not having intercourse doggy style and clean very her vaginal area very well afterwards and make sure that she goes to pee after sex. If your girl friend has a yeast infection most likely it is NOT your fault. She needs to drink a lot of water, clean good with a light pure soap or vaginal soap and rince very well with water. Make sure she changes her underwear, etc after sex and is just clean. If she doesn't take medication for the yeast infection then she will continue to get it and it will keep coming back. Also try the Acidopholus, you can buy it in growcery stores, department and health stores and it will help her a lot. She should not blame you though for causing the problems that she is experiencing.
    pinkrose15 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2007, 10:21 AM
    A yeast infection can come from many different things (learned by experience) my mother is a nurse there is even a pill you can take to make it go away it can be caused by tight underwear or even the lubricant of the condom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kidney Infections [ 1 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with a severe kidney infection and treated twice with anti botics. The last antbiotic was so hard on my system it left me with joint aches and retaining water. I just don't know, I still feel horrible it has been March 1, 2007, The drug was Levaquin and the docs are saying maybe the...

My dad and his infections [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I am asking about my dad who is 75 years old he is disabled. He suffers from Ascites Liver decease decompensated 2 degrees: He is in remission from alcohol for about 4 years, however he has oedema of the stomach. He is constantly getting urine infections where he is losing all awareness of his...

Chronic Bladder Infections [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: My name is Vanessa and I am 18 years young. My question is does anybody knows what is wrong with me? I have had bladder infection since basically May of this year. I go to the doctor they give me antibiotics and that I go home same routine over and over again. I will take the antibiotics...

Frequent infections [ 9 Answers ]

Hello. I am a very worried mom. My son, who is 19 years old was diagnosed with mononucleosis almost 1 year ago. It seems since then, he catches everything that is going around. Presently he is sick with an oral thrush, has had a fever the last few days, although that has now cleared up, and a...

Useful aspects of virus infections [ 2 Answers ]

Without succes I have searched the internet for studies about useful aspects of virus infections like a lower cancer risk for people who have had some childhood illnesses (chicken pox etc.). Every hint is welcome.

View more questions Search