Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

May 23, 2007, 03:35 AM
    Hearing people say things before they say it and a very bad vibe before a death.
    When I was a slight bit younger, I used to hear someone I know say something, even though I was in an empty room with no one else in it. I think it was only when I was living in a certain house, my only memories of it happening is in that particular house, upstairs in particular, and only when I was alone in upstairs. I would hear someone I know say something, as if sort of from a distance, and then I would yell out to my mum but she wuld say that she heard nothing at all, and that no one else was in the house. The real amazing thing was, that whenever I heard such things, like a week or two later, the person I heard would actually say that same thing for real. Any explanations of why this happened? Why did this stop happening?

One strange thing that happened recently, something that really scared me. I felt this really terrible feeling, like my depression had suddenly returned, and felt a huge need to sms one of my closest friends. So I smsed her to tell her that I was feeling really terrible and like I was sinking into depression again, and she smsd back to tell me that someone she knew died in a car crash recently. I hadn't heard about the death until then, this really scared me, like depression can return at any time, but a few seconds before finding out about a death, combined with an urge to text a friend who knew the deceased? Only other time that I have gotten a bad vibe like that was when my parents called me into the living room, to tell me that my grandad had died. Is this just normal coincidence?

I don't know, I just want to talk about those 2 events, try to make some sense of them.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2007, 06:57 AM
    Comment on cal823's post
    Snap
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 26, 2007, 07:32 PM
    You are not alone. Recently, a close friend of mine had been weighing heavily on my mind for about a week. When I finally got around to calling her, I learned that she and her husband had decided to get a divorce. This knowing about others without being told the information from them happens now and then in my life. I really think that we are all connected spiritually, especially if we are close as friends.
    rockierose Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Aug 31, 2011, 06:24 PM
    Sometimes you may be more perceptive as a child or when you are younger, which may explain why it doesn't happen as frequently as it used to for you.
    Though one thing to remember is that it may be coincidences, but I don't think so because people that tend to be more sensitive experience these depressions and gain a knowledge of their sixth sense. I have researched a lot of this because I used to have dreams about people that I knew the night before they die and then the next day find out they are in fact dead. Some people like us, take time to feel things more and therefore are more sensitive to it.
    You could also just be able to feel things as they are about to happen (the having of a bad feeling). This could happen when we are close to some people or we are in the situation ourselves, and we are more attuned to this because our thoughts are in a flow with theirs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hearing aids, good and bad [ 17 Answers ]

My wife needs a hearing aid. Tests show nerve loss, she hears clearly, but at only about 40% level. Has had professional testing done. I would like for you who use hearing aids to either recommend or warn against various makes and models, ie: (if you would be so kind), how much did yours cost, how...

Now, I'm hearing him (or them)? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I was able to see a child on April 11th, 2007. That was the first time I saw something more than a shadow. Well, this morning at 5:30am (which does not fit the sequence of times I've been recording) I was lying in bed with my two older children, ages three and almost 2. My husband had kissed...

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

Bad debt after death [ 2 Answers ]

If my grandfather dies and still owes an excessive amount or credit card debt and loans can his house be seized because of this debt?

Need advice from people who've had similar experience with death and depression. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm just writing this to 1) get some good advice about living in general and 2) getting these things off my chest. I'm 22 and my dad passed away about 6 months ago. I'm dealing with it fairly well but I'm finding that I'm having a lot of trouble enjoying life anymore. After his death I slowly...

View more questions Search