Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Jun 7, 2005, 11:22 AM
    PT... it may be...
    Quote Originally Posted by PTflyer
    shrug........I guess it's good to go :confused:

Guess I can pour the cement..well...I hope it's ok, anyway.
    ... a little late but it looks correct in principle except the slope (1/4"/1') seems a little large? Optical thing or is it really falling off rapidly? Is that a cleanout next to it?
    PTflyer Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2005, 12:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickit
    ...a little late but it looks correct in principle except the slope (1/4"/1') seems a little large? Optical thing or is it really falling off rapidly? Is that a cleanout next to it?

Are you talking about what is next to the PVC line in this picture?

If it is,that is the closet flange with a rag stuck in it... not a clean out... and the fernco is tied into the vent... is that correct...

------------------------------------------------------
    Also I do have the pvc with about a 1/4" per foot pitch... too much?. as I can adjust it... I just figured a little more pitch wouldn't hurt but if it does I can change it easy enough... until I cement it in...

I'll await a reply before I do any mixing...
    Attached Images

Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Jun 7, 2005, 12:21 PM
    That slope is...
    are you talking about what is next to the PVC line in this picture?

if it is,that is the closet flange with a rag stuck in it.....not a clean out...and the fernco is tied into the vent.....is that correct...

------------------------------------------------------
    also I do have the pvc with about a 1/4" per foot pitch........too much?....as I can adjust it ....I jsut figured a little more pitch wouldn't hurt but if it does I can change it easy enough...until I cement it in........

I'll await a reply before I do any mixing.......
    Dead-on (1/4"/1'). Looks good to me...
    PTflyer Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2005, 12:35 PM
    Excellent... thanks so much for all your help... you guys are the best!.

I feel so much better now covering it up and moving on with this job... I will be sure to post a few pictures once I get the bathroom all finished...

Off to go mix some cement now...
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 8, 2005, 03:31 PM
    excellent.............thanks so much for all your help...you guys are the best!!!.......

I feel so much better now covering it up and moving on with this job............I will be sure to post a few pictures once I get the bathroom all finished.......

off to go mix some cement now.....
    Sorry for the delay. My hard drive fried and I'm just getting back on line.
    The shower drain looks to be a little long from the trap to the vent but, overall, it looks good to me. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting half bath to full bath [ 9 Answers ]

My question refers to a half bath we are in the planning stages of converting to a full bath in the basement. Currently our basement has a half bath with toilet and sink on one half of the basement. There is then a shower on the other side of the basement with the washer and dryer, about 30 feet...

Adding a bath [ 4 Answers ]

I want to add a small bath (shower, sink, toilet) in a 2nd floor gameroom. There is a closet it can be built into but there is no plumbing nearby to connect to. Closet is on inclosed garage room wall. How does one go about this and what is an estimated cost. Thanks to all who help me out. KiKi

Will 1 1/2" DWV work for new half bath? [ 5 Answers ]

I plan to install a toilet, lavatory, and a laundry tub in our basement. Will break out the floor and hook into 4" DWV line. The run from the main line to the toilet is about 5 1/2' feet. I figure that if I vent at the point where the new toilet drain line enters the 4" main line, I should be okay....

Adding new bath to concrete slab [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We just purchased a home in L.A. built in the 60s that has a concrete slab construction. We want to add on a master bath to the house but I don't know how we would tie into the plumbing lines in this kind of a foundation. Do they actually pour concrete onto the pipes when the foundation is...

Adding another sink in bath [ 1 Answers ]

I am going from a single sink in the bath to a double sink. They will be on the same counter as the old one. Will it be possible to branch off the single water lines and run it to both sinks. Also can I run the drains to the single drain all ready there.

View more questions Search