Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keliw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Breeding Daschunds
    I have a black and tan male miniature daschund and I will be getting a female black and tan min daschund soon. Ans I was wondering when I breed them will I only get black and tan puppies?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 22, 2007, 07:25 PM
    I am sure that and many other important issues are covered in the books on Dachshunds. If you haven't read the answer to that question, I am afraid you haven't read up on genetic defects and the proper selection of breeding stock. I think you need to go to American Kennel Club - akc.org First find what they have to say on responsible breeding. If you think you can do what is required to breed quality dogs, then check some of their links to Dachshunds.

If I come across a little negative, well I am on this subject. I am very upset about the millions of dogs we are slaughtering for lack of homes. There is no need for more people to be going into breeding dogs.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2007, 07:30 PM
    Not sure , but I'm sure that if somewhere in their bloodline they had a different color relative they could have something beside black and tan. My sister breed a red daschund and a black and tan daschund they got a long haired red and black daschund. Neither of these dog's had long hair. I hope you take great care in breeding the dogs... and make sure that you consult a vet... before breeding during and after the birth these are such small dogs and can have great diffucultys... and also I hope that you consider that there are so many dogs in the world today... yes even pure breed dogs. That are killed daily and discarded, regradless of how much the owners pay for them. If you must breed do so wisely and with love for your animals.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Breeding Daschunds [ 41 Answers ]

How long are they pregnant? How often do they go into heat?

Daschunds and Litter Boxes [ 3 Answers ]

Hi - I'm the owner of a five-month old Daschund/Pomeranian mix. I have a few questions regarding issues we've had with his training so far. I've gotten so many opinions from so many people that now I'm doubting how good of a job I've done with him. My first issue is potty training. We...

Daschunds and Parakeets? [ 3 Answers ]

We have two mini piebald daschunds who are normal for their breed--they love to sniff and eat whatever they find on the floor. My daughter wants a parakeet, and as I expect a lot of birdseed debris on the floor, I am wondering if eating this would be harmful to the dogs. Also if the bird got...

Do daschunds break their legs [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if daschunds break their legs easily I herd they do is this true?

Breeding Daschunds [ 1 Answers ]

I have a female and a male standard. I want to breed them, but I was told by the Vet that because they are in the same house together all the time she will not let him. It must be true, because she just sits down and will NOT. I am going to do it artificial. Can you tell me what the normal amount...

View more questions Search