Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NWA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 03:30 PM
    Theft Under 5000
    Ok recently I was charged with theft under 5000... in Collingwood, Ontario for stealing a 30$ video game. I was grabbed from behind outside the store and being drunk I took off scared after giving the security guard the game back... anyways I was chased down by 2 random people and the cops were called and I was arrested... I am 18 it is my first offence and my parents agreed on getting myself a lawyer... I have recently been accepted to university and have a part-time job... What is most likely to happened…What else should I do? Can I/should I get the lawyer to talk to the store before I go to court... any help is appreciated.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 22, 2007, 11:34 PM
    If you have a lawyer, then I would listen to what he or she has to say about your situation. If you have a part-time job, then I would suggest telling your employer about your bad choice before they find out about it second-hand if you are indeed convicted of the offence. You will look better to them that way.
    bhayne Posts: 339, Reputation: 4

May 23, 2007, 01:04 PM
    First of all, write down the details of that day. How much you had to drink, what you told the police; everything.

Second, find out what your being charged with.

When you drink, you become forgetful and your lose your natural inhibitions. All of which can explain your abnormal behavior. Should be an easy excuse for not guilty.
    babygh0st Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

May 23, 2007, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    If you have a lawyer, then I would listen to what he or she has to say about your situation. If you have a part-time job, then I would suggest telling your employer about your bad choice before they find out about it second-hand if you are indeed convicted of the offence. You will look better to them that way.
    I wouldn't suggest telling your employer cause he/she will probably fire you anyway.

And I don't think the police will actually contact your employer and tell them what you've done. They didn't contact mine when I got charged(and I even admitted to the police that I was a cashier).

So if I were you, I would just keep quiet and don't tell your employer anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under 5000 - under 18 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a 17 year old high school student living in Ontario Canada. Recently, I have found an unattended purse in the hallway and I took it and stole $5 and than threw the purse somewhere randomly in my school. My principle caught me on camera and I was suspended for 10 days, also because I...

Theft under $5000.. : ( [ 20 Answers ]

Hey, I just got caught stealing from the Bay (HBC). I was first put under arrest.. brought into the back of the store and they took all of my information etc. etc. They checked my criminal record and everything, and since I don't have one they did not charge me but I'm not allowed going into...

Theft Under 5000/ way under 5000 [ 14 Answers ]

Okay this is probably one of the dumbest things I have done, day before yesterday I was caught on my own street with 2 other friends and I went into an open car, now I was not going to steal any money, I just didn't want to look like a pansy, I know stupid excuse. Anyway, right when I was in the...

Theft- Under 5000 [ 1 Answers ]

Yea I am an idiot. I know that so please hold the insults. I live in Toronto and I recently made a big mistake (works both ways) First off, I got greedy and stole a case in which I thought held two PS3's. However I took the wrong box and instead stole a case with two Mobile Audio Players (Mini...

Theft under 5000 [ 5 Answers ]

Wondering what is the most possible sentence for a guy25 who stole 3 batteries in superstore ?

View more questions Search