Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    egfoushi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 12:12 PM
    Murray Riding Mower
    I have a 15x38" Murray. My drive belt keeps coming off. I got a new 73" belt from Outdoor Lawn Equipment. I can't get the belt on the back large pulley. The pulley is blocked by other parts. Can anyone help?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 23, 2007, 07:13 AM
    Lower your deck all the way and consider removing the deck (pain) if you still don't have room. You will need a helper to push down the cltch/brake peddle to get more room. Be 101% certain they gave you the correct belt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Murray Riding Mower [ 3 Answers ]

My 1988 Murray mower worked fine last week... but I jumped on it this week and couldn't get it to turn over. Replaced the battery, but that didn't seem to help. Tonight I replaced the solenoid tonight, but that didn't seem to help. I'm getting nothing when I try to turn it over. Any advice? This...

Old Murray riding mower [ 8 Answers ]

I bought an old Murray riding mower last year. I'm not sure what year it is, but here is my problem: One of the rear tires has a flat, instead of loading up the whole mower in the back of the truck, I wouldm like to remove the wheel. I removed the holding pin and the washer from the outside of the...

Murray Riding Mower won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Murray 18hp Briggs & Stratton Riding Mower that won't start. The battery is good and the mower will crank without the (new) spark plug in, but seems weak. I thought maybe the battery needed a charge so I used a charger in the "start" mode and it still does the same thing. The relay...

Murray Riding Mower [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a used Murray riding mower with a 40" deck. I want to add a mulching kit but can't seem to find one. Does anyone know if there are any interchangeable parts that will fit this mower?

Murray Riding Mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a murray riding mower that I purchased in August of 1991. Apparently I need a new transaxle because it will not go in gear at all. The part # in the book is Dana model 4450-1 which I have been unable to locate, the only reference I have come across for the part says that it has been...

View more questions Search