Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2007, 10:11 AM
    Back pain doctor or chiropractor?
    I was bending over for about two or three minutes, I tried to get up but couldn't do it normally. It hurt like you know what! I can lay in bed and lift my knees to my chest, I CANNOT lift my leg up when it is straight. I bend over and it hurts tremendously and if I get up from a sitting posotion. If I arch my back backwards it isn't too bad at all... I am just wondering what kind of doctor I should see, it happened Sunday morning and is not better, I can't function. I really need to get my housework done. Maybe even shave my legs. Help!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 22, 2007, 10:15 AM
    If it were me, I would go to a regular doctor, could be a pulled muscle and you could get some muscle relaxers. Chiropractors may be great for some people, and I do recommend them at times. But personally, I have a fear of chiropractors. I would want to rule out anything musculature prior to going to a chiro.
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2007, 10:19 AM
    Thanks J_9 that is what my husband said too. I am not too keen on meds, I have too many kids too worry about. I am hoping they have something strong enough for relaxing the muscle but soft enough not to mess with my head. I will go to the doctor, I know I know! Thank you! Start
    Expert

May 22, 2007, 10:22 AM
    There are a good few meds out there that won't mess with your head. When I messed my back up by just turning to look out my rear view mirror to make sure I could pull out in traffic, I was given Flexaril, it did wonders without messing me up.

Another you could take would be a NSAID (Non-steroidal antiinflammatory) such as Indomethacin. It won't get rid of the pain like flexaril, but will help reduce any inflammation within the muscles.
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2007, 10:25 AM
    Thanks, I will write those down and talk to my doctor about it. Now I have a tough job finding one in my new area. Good luck to me I guess. You have been a great help and I will start calling when the kids are in rest!
    Expert

May 22, 2007, 10:28 AM
    Good luck sweetie. I know how hard it can be to be in a new area, with pain, with kids, etc...

My thoughts are with you.
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2007, 10:32 AM
    Thanks, I will do my best. This has happened before, three times in the last year. I went to the doctor for the first, then I waited it out on the second and now, I think it just hurts too bad to wait. I can take pain very well so if I am even thinking about going to the doctor then I know I should. When this is all over I will be having a good long talk with my 10 year old daughter, It all started when she was in my tummy. Hee Hee.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Back pain [ 6 Answers ]

Last few days I had slight back pain (left hand side) I felt while I'm at office some angle while I am trying to turn I felt it. Is it affect of kidney? PLease advise.:mad:

Back pain [ 4 Answers ]

I have a crushed disk my doctor said that there is not much they can do except give me pain medication but I don't like to take persciption so I avoid dowing so if anyone has any ideas on how to relive the pain naturally it would be very helpful

View more questions Search