Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leet Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2005, 06:51 AM
    Can Ad-Aware Goof & erase good files?
    Before I ran Ad-Aware I could plug a monitor into my dell laptop and have a mirror image of the laptop screen. After running Ad-Aware the moniter screen stays blank (dark).
    Could there be a connection? I don't want to jump to conclusions.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2005, 07:29 AM
    I doubt it but you never know. I believe you should be able to retrieve the files Ad-Aware removed in it's previous scans. At the op of Ad-Aware is a large lock icon taking you to the quarantine manager. From there you should be able to restore you're PC to a state before Ad-aware was ran. Do that then try your monitor again.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 3, 2005, 02:08 PM
    Simply put NOPE.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 4, 2005, 05:34 AM
    As I said in the other thread, what you are referring to is a hardware issue. External monitors are controlled by toggling one of the Function keys between 3 states; internal, external or both. All you need do is find the correct keys to press and that will be in your manual.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What rights does a self aware AI have if any? [ 66 Answers ]

If there were a self aware AI, what rights would you grant it?

Did Google goof up? [ 7 Answers ]

Note Google's header today: It's Braile. ... but it's got one too many dots on the first "G"! Here's the braile alphabet: http://www.kidlink.org/resources/braille.html

Ad-aware Se [ 4 Answers ]

Ok here I dl'd this program and it says I have 185 errors/spyware on my computer (obvious reason why computer crashed I think) beats me how they just appear like that... but anyway after I ran Ad-Aware and got to the point of selecting all and deleting the problems, ad-aware just seem to hang there...

Ad-aware [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All. Today I reverted my system back to the stahe it was at when purchased due to some problems I'd been having. The first thing I did was check that my webmail was working then I downloaded Ad-aware and scanned my PC. To my dismay, considering the PC was back to being 'new out of the box',...

Spyware and ad-aware [ 6 Answers ]

I've been attacking my computer with Ad-Aware and going places I didn't know existed trying to get rid of the last few thorns in my side: Adserv and something called nitrous something, can't see it as it disappears before I can get all the info. I am also being bugged by Shopnav, the alternative...

View more questions Search