Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leonb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 09:18 AM
    Running Fan Manually from Thermostat
    I have an Intertherm model MMHB-070ABHR gas furnace.

I am replacing the old mechanical thermostat which did not have a fan on switch with a digital thermostat.

The wiring to the thermostat now has only 2 wires. Which wire on the furnace do I wire to so that I can use the fan control on the thermostat?

The unused wires on the furnace are green and yellow.
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

May 22, 2007, 01:11 PM
    In order to use the FAN switch on your thermostat, you'll need at least 3 conductors. The third wire will be needed to connect the G terminal on your thermostat to the fan relay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Condenser fan not running [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 25 year old Carrier (Model 28GS) A/C. It has been working fine until today. The condenser fan (outdoors) doesn't turn on, but I do hear the hum of the compressor. I believe the fan should be running all the time. I'm assuming the compressor is operating OK, even though it's not that...

Wiring a furnace thermostat to manually operate the furnace fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have two wires connected to my furnace thermostat. There is a place labeled G on the thermostat. Can I simply run a wire from the G terminal on my thermostat to the terminal labeled G on my furnace fan relay to operate the fan separately?

Condensing Fan running [ 16 Answers ]

Rheem package unit and the condensing fan motor runs non stop. Thermostat is off and the contactor is open but the fan motor will only shut off if I shut off the breaker. Any help please. Thanks

Fan outside not running [ 3 Answers ]

I bought this house two years ago and never had a problem until yesterday that I turned the air conditioning on and only got fresh air not cool and the thermostad won't come lower than 75 degrees, when I checked the fan outside it was not working. The furnace turns on. What should I check to see if...

Thermostat on Heat and Auto fan but fan is not on [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, This just started happening. I have a dual zone thermostat. The thermostat downstairs seems to turn on. I set the desired temp at 72 but it does not get any warmer then 67. The thermostat upstairs... I set it on auto but the fan does not run. If I set it on Fan, cold air blows out. ...

View more questions Search