Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richard761 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 08:47 AM
    Refrigerator power consumption
    I have a 25 year old Sears Kenmore 1068439511 19 cubic foot refrigerator. I know it's costing me a mint to run - how can I check on it's power consumption?
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

May 22, 2007, 01:20 PM
    There should be a tag on the refrigerator that will tell you what your amperage usage is when the compressor is running. You can multiply the amperage by the voltage (115) and that will give you the wattage. This will tell you what your wattage is when the compressor is running. If it's frost free, you'll use some extra power when it goes into defrost, usually two or three times a day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electricity Consumption [ 8 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I was on holidays and surprised to see our electricity bill. My wife told me that mostly our bills are double to the bills of our neighbours and relatives. We are getting bills of double the amount of many of our neighbours and relatives who are using the same number of lights and...

Refrigerator - Consumption of power very high [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all My refrigerator has suddenly started consuming the 5000KW(approx) power in a day.. Can someone tell me that what can be the possible reasons for that Thanks in advance Saurabh

MIP/Consumption [ 2 Answers ]

My 19-year old son has received a summons to appear in court for MIP/Consumption of Alcohol by a minor. We have never been to court for anything. I will accompany him. What should we expect? Are there questions we should ask? Will he have a "record?" I'd appreciate any help you can give us. ...

Computing total power consumption? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All, I have search a broad range of sites trying to find answers regarding computing power consumption for a network. The challenge comes from the fact that this network will only exist on paper and never materialize. I still believe that for the purpose of documentation that it can be...

Power Consumption of Refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

Would I consume more power to leave a deep freezer in a hot room with no ventilation, or to put a standard box fan that you can buy at walmart behind it blowing the air out through a window?

View more questions Search