Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Plenum Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2005, 04:47 AM
    Having trouble removing OE
    Hi,

I finally got sick of Outlook Express and tried Eudora. Because I'm low on disk space I want to completely remove OE.

As stated in another post from here, I removed the folders, deleted the registry keys, and am trying to rename the files, but WinXP keeps replacing the files faster than I can rename them all. For instance, I'll rename msimn.exe to old_msimn.exe and as I go to rename another file, WinXP puts a new msimn.exe in the folder.

Not sure what to do next and am wondering why nobody else seems to have this problem. Must be me :(
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 3, 2005, 06:01 AM
    OE is too tightly tied to the OS to get rid of it completely. It doesn't take up a lot of space. I would leave it alone.
    Plenum Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2005, 06:28 AM
    Thanks for the fast reply.

I guess the removal info I keep finding everywhere, including here is only for Win2000?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 4, 2005, 05:29 AM
    It may be. It can be removed, but the potential for screwing your system up while doing so is not worth the small gain in hard drive space.
    outlook Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Sep 1, 2005, 11:48 PM
    Re:
    I have been using it. reparer outlook express and repair outlook express inbox more stable and secure than other programs.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2005, 01:22 AM
    Did you try the Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Selecting Add/Remove Windows Components and unchecking Outlook Express on that list?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2005, 05:44 AM
    Oe
    Hi,
    As another post just said, the first place to remove any program is:
    Go to Control Panel, then Add/Remove Programs.
    Scroll down to "Microsoft Outlook Express", left click on it.
    Then, click on the Remove button. Follow the instructions to remove it.
    Best of luck,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing red tone [ 1 Answers ]

I had been using a semi permanent hair color by L'Oreal to tone down too light highlights and brassy colored roots in my dark ash blonde hair. I used a medium ash blonde to do this. The last time I did this, it didn't really get rid of the red looking color at the roots. So I used some L'Oreal...

Removing a birthmark [ 2 Answers ]

My birthmark is really making me mad and I really want to remove it but I don't know how much it will cost or how I can get it removed

Removing old old old wallpaper [ 6 Answers ]

I am remodeling a condo I recently bought. The wallpaper is old and double layer. The wallpaper glue under the base layer is about 2mm thick and won't come off. I have used hot water spray, wallpaper enzymes and elbow grease. The wall board paper is coming off in chunks. Any suggestions...

Removing wallpaper [ 5 Answers ]

I recently bought my house.we are slowly remodeling the all the rooms.one room has wallpaper.it looks really old.I have no idea how I should remove it.a friend told me I could use fabric softern mix with water.is this true?I pull at the wallpaper there seems to be no other layers of wallpaper.any...

Removing xp [ 1 Answers ]

I want to remove xp and install me back on my system for a couple months, how do I go about it Thanks

View more questions Search