Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 02:16 PM
    When we saw our son bearing down with a red face, we just picked him up and put him right on the toilet and he had no choice to let it plop in there. After we did that a few times he wasn't so uneasy with the whole idea. Sometimes we just have to give them a little push in the direction we want them to go in.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 03:01 PM
    Out of curiousity, do you have a training potty or a potty seat that fits on the toilet? I don't know if it makes a difference - but we just put the seat over the toilet seat so we wouldn't have to transition. My daughter also went to the bathroom with me all the time - so it wasn't strange for her.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 03:10 PM
    My son has and still is coming into the bathroom with us. We have a potty seat that is attachet to the toilet. But for some strange reason he is afraid to sit on I t. we flushed his poop from the pull up into the toilet so he can se it was OK. He still did not want to have anything to do with the potty seat and poop!
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 03:12 PM
    I guess it is a matter of timing, getting him when he starts and cannot stop, then it might be easier. I never did use any sort of potty contraption, just the regular seat that we all used. Maybe it looks different and he doesn't want it on there. Or maybe he is being stubborn and you need to win this one!
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 03:17 PM
    We had to use a potty seat - my daughter kept falling in! :)
    Mom of 2 Posts: 449, Reputation: 90

May 30, 2007, 07:04 PM
    The fact that he does the hiding thing is a clue that he is recognizing when he has to go. I would be more worried if he just continued to do what he was doing (i.e. playing, etc.) while pooping. As with everything else, awareness is always the first step in accomplishing anything. My daughter had a harder time with pooping and the party hat/parade thing worked for her. However, since wants privacy, maybe this would be a bit much for him. Also, things that work for girls may not work for boys. Basically, consistency of putting him on the toilet as soon as he is starting to go and hide may be what is needed. Congratulations about the fact that you have been successful with the first hurdle. No kid that I know was ever fully potty trained and poopy trained all in the same day. One thing will happen at a time. Good luck and keep us posted.

May 30, 2007, 07:18 PM
    I did not realize that there was another page of posts when I posted my last response. Anyway, the potty seat helped us too. Maybe the reason that your son does not like it is because of the sensation of sticking to the cushy part of the seat. It may also be the fact that your son is trying anything and everything to try and not have to use the toilet. In the past if he put up a fight, then you would give in and the subject, as far as he was concerned, was closed. Just know that sooner or later he will be fully trained. Be consistent in your actions and let him know that you will be firm, but understanding at the same time. Good luck!!
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 03:17 PM
    He is totally pottytrained!! We went on a vacation with some older cousins and when they left he announced he wanted underwear and never looked back.
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 04:24 PM
    Wow, you go girl... That is great. Is he so big now or what...

Jul 23, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Congratulations!! A lot of times kids will not do something unless they see another kid that they look up to and admire doing something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jack Russell toilet training! [ 6 Answers ]

We have a jack russell who we "adopted" from a lady who kept him in a small flat. He wasn't toilet trained and he just will not learn! We leave paper on the floor, take him for regular walks, and we've even tried leaving the back door open at night (our german shepherd would scare off any would-be...

Potty training my son [ 15 Answers ]

HELP! I have a son who will be three years old in 3 months. He has expressed zero interest in potty training. I have tried everything I can think of. I have tried putting him in underwear all day so he can feel the wetness, tried the little potty, the big potty, tried putting cereal in the...

Toilet Training in a house with many floors [ 1 Answers ]

We have 4 month old Lhasa Apso and live in a house set on four floors including the ground. We have puppy training pads on each floor but the dog still has regular accidents. We put him outside on a regular basis but he only very occasionally goes to the toilet. Any advice please would be very...

Pomeranian Toilet Training [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 6 month old pomeranian, when she needs to do a number 1 or 2 she won't go down to the grass she does in on the back verandah in front of the door. How can I teach her to do it on the grass which is down the stairs from the verandah?

Regarding toilet training [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 2years 3month but don't want to use potty and toilet set... wht can I do to toilet train him?

View more questions Search