Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donex_bucket Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 10:06 PM
    Success in job
    What Are Some Of The Common Question During Interview?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 22, 2007, 10:51 PM
    Please try clicking on the link below:

common interview questions - Google Search
    1115 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 08:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by donex_bucket
    What Are Some Of The Common Question During Interview?
    In what aspects of your present position do you feel you need training, education and or experience?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 13, 2007, 08:18 PM
    It can be all over the book, depends on what type of company.

Why should we hire you is done often

What do you plan on doing to help our company.

The one that got me one time was " if you were a tree what type of tree would you want to be"
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2007, 12:14 PM
    What did u study in college? Then u answer... following... what courses have you taken.. u answer... "sometimes they will ask u certain professional terms
    U see... but it also depends on the interviewers.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2007, 12:17 PM
    "Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer/client?"

The best answer was from a teenager who went into great detail about finding a Little Debbie snack cake for a customer. (She worked at a gas station.)

The one our current ops manager likes to use is: "What was the most annoying habit of your last supervisor?"
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2007, 12:31 PM
    Oh and sometimes they will ask you where were you from? :D( I am foreign so.. lol)It is always a long story to share with people...

And what did you hear about our company, how much do you know about XXX.

My interviews were all with global 500 so it might be different with some other companies.. All my internviews have at least 2-3 parts with different ppl( HR, Manager, Vice President)

Remember sometimes there can be two interviews at same time with different people or they call you come next time for another one. Be prepared!
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2007, 12:38 PM
    Employers should not ask where you are from. Here is a good article on what an employer can't ask.

Illegal Interview Questions
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emland
    Employers should not ask where you are from. Here is a good article on what an employer can't ask.

Illegal Interview Questions
    Well, I know... but they were people who have sense of humor... the one HR manager even asked where did I get my suit, he said it looked asian style. And he is from Global 500,
    What can you do?lol
    But I like those informal interview... :D
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2007, 01:27 PM
    Forget to tell u that when they asked where I was from? I think they were looking at my language talents, I speak both Japanese and Chinese so they were confused where on earth I was from. I won't blame them on that... not everyone asks this question. THanks for the illegal questions list, that's very helpful! :)
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2007, 06:19 AM
    It takes some delicate tip-toeing, too, to avoid answering the questions that shouldn't be asked because you don't want to antagonize the person you want to get the job from. A good way to deflect a question that shouldn't be asked is ask back: "Is that relevant to the position?" That should give a polite nudge back in the right direction to the interviewer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax re: Full-time job in NJ and Part-time job in Brooklyn,NY [ 1 Answers ]

Am a Jersey resident working full-time(40 hours, AGI~$60,000) in Jersey claiming 5. May be accepting position in Brooklyn, NY for additional part-time (16 hours,AGI~$19,000-23,000) Have read responses about resident in Jersey working in NY with one job. Since my part-time position is in NY, I...

Will I still have a job? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All Please help me if you can Im very worried. I started a new job the end of November last year and had a probabtion of 3 months. I then had to have time off at the beginning of Feb tp have an opertation on my knee. Work were fantastic and have supported me throughout. They told me that...

Success Stories [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone have any success stories about weight loss? If yes please reply here Please say how much you lost, How you lost it?

Business success [ 1 Answers ]

Which business is the most successful business in the world. And which business is the business done by most people in the world. And which is the business to get a breskthough start. Which is the most successful business in the world? Which businee is best suitablle for youth

New Job! [ 12 Answers ]

As a result, I attended 4 Interviews last Thursday and out of 4 there was 1 I really wanted. Guess what the job I really wanted, is the job I have been offered! - they have matched my slary - the company has great career prospects for me and I am really happy. I have handed in my resignation...

View more questions Search