Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Snowflake0220 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 07:40 PM
    Can I still email him? A man says goodbye .
    Hello,

I met a married man in January. I was trying to give up immediately after I knew he has a wife. But he seemed very sad he said he is just an ATM at home and the two boys are actually NOT his own kids, the kids were from their mom, and he mostly lonely and sad at home. I was so moved and I fell in love with him in a short time. Later I learned that he is a public figure( a writer and a lot... ).

Started from January we emailed every day, I was so happy during that period. He is not young but he is gorgeous/charming, he is my sunshine and everything. He called me beautiful woman. We met three times in person and the last time he gave me a hug and a kiss... but after that suddenly a day in March he wrote me an email says he felt guilty and tension all the time and he says good-bye... I couldn't accept this fact! I really cannot... We were even planning to see a movie together.. but why he just did this... I sent him emails after that, I said I didn't want anything from him, I wished him have a happy family. I just like to be his loyal reader stay here from far away, I like to have the chance to send email to him once in a while... saying good-bye really hurts.. I told him if my email bother him please let me know. But since the goodbye email, he never send email to me again.. My heart is broken.. What should I do? I really don't expect to be his lover/friend, I just want to be his reader or fan, can I still email him, send him my photographs or poems I write? (I'm a amateur photographer) The world is beautiful, why cannot we make everyone happy? I would be very happy even if he doesn't write to me any more as long as he doesn't say goodbye.. Am I asking too much? Can I still email him?
    whiteladybug2002 Posts: 235, Reputation: 36

May 21, 2007, 08:03 PM
    I understand that you may only want to email, but men think differently! Sometimes that maybe all they want at the beginning and then their minds turn to other things. I believe he is making the best choice for himself and family. You should respect that fact and move on! Let him be and don't send anymore emails!

Apparently, you have formed some sort of attachment to him and, with him being married, it doesn't sound good. This is probably the best ending you two can hope for with the circumstances.

You should be thankful for the short time you spent together and MOVE ON! There are many unmarried men out there that would love to share emails with you.

Good Luck and God Loves You!
    SouthernBelle06 Posts: 166, Reputation: 83

May 21, 2007, 08:09 PM
    Just let it go. If someone says that they don't want to be in touch anymore for whatever reason, you should respect this decision. Don't push for this situation to continue because even though you say you don't want more than to read his writing and to contribute photos, it will keep your feeling for him alive and you can't ever have him as long as he is married. Translation: not a good idea.

For future reference, any time a married man complains about his wife and home and how unhappy he is, don't buy it no matter how sincere he seems. Tell him, "Wow, sorry to hear that. You should either try to improve the situation or get a divorce. Good luck to you." Then run the other direction! If he is sincere and actually goes through with a divorce, then you can think about getting involved with him. Otherwise you are kidding yourself and asking for a broken heart.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name and Artist (I try to say goodbye and I choke) [ 3 Answers ]

I need the name and artist of the song that goes like this: I try to say goodbye and I choke, I try to walk away and I stumble, though I try to hide it, it's clear, my world crumbles when you are not here. If you know it please help! Thanks!:D

Is it time to say goodbye? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 39, the guy I have been dating for 5 yrs is 62, he is good looking, very smart, funny, he is quite capable of taking care of himself(financially, physically). I have not met any of his kids(except one, Jen and I have been friends for 8 yrs), I met his brother by accident, he has asked me to...

What should I do? Second chance, or Say Goodbye. [ 7 Answers ]

I dated a girl for about a year, and I lost my attraction towards her and we broke up. I stayed in contact but she was very condescending and negative towards me every time we talked. The bitter arguing went on for about 6 months. I keep talking to her because I still care for her and she's...

Goodbye old friend [ 10 Answers ]

Sad to see our old friend the Floppy Disc,about to bite the dust,as far as PC World are concerned.Since the so-called early days,I have a floppy disc drive in my PC,even though I now use Windows XP,and Linux.The storage of 1.44mb is simply not good enough in today's hi-tec storage of massive...

View more questions Search