Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ktillman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Thermostat With Low Level Heating Range
    I need to heat a new room I just built to contain well equipment such as a pressure tank and water softener. The heater needs to heat just enough to keep the equipment from freezing but I don't need the utility room (4'X7'X8') to be warm. All heating systems that I have seen have a thermostat where the low setting is 45 degrees F. I need to find a thermostat that kicks in at about 35 and shuts off at about 40. The room is extremely well insulated and I am planning on using a 220 line and a small baseboard heating unit. Does anyone know how I can control it in such a low heat range, i.e. turn on at about 35 and off at about 40? I haven't been able to find such a thermostat.

Thanks, ktillman
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

May 21, 2007, 05:19 PM
    Depending on what wattage, Honeywell makes one T651A2028 SPDT 35-90 degrees, White-Rodgers 1A10-651 SPDT 36-90 degrees, & 1A16-51 36-90 degrees. Ranco also makes some SPDT thermostats. Check any wholesale house or if you have a Grainger near you, they should have them. Make sure you purchase one that will be approved for the voltage and amperage needed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low water level in the Toilet Bowl [ 1 Answers ]

The toilet bowl in the Master bathroom has a very low water level. It has been getting lower and lower over time. The toilet bowl tank has the correct amount of water in it, so I am not sure as to why when I flush the water level in the actual bowl has been decreasing? Can anyone shed some light...

Low estrogen Level [ 11 Answers ]

My friend is 26 years old and in the past year has been having dizziness, heart palpatations, and fatigue. She has undergone extensive testing for low sugar levels and just recently during a 6 hour glucose tolerance test her test revelaed her sugar dropped in the last 2 hours and that her estrogen...

Central heating water level [ 2 Answers ]

I can't understand why water keeps coming from overflow on my headder tank . I have turned tap which fills tank OFF . When heating is on the level DROPS but then rises again once the water in system cools... can't understant this, I expect the reverse as hot water EXPANDS so would think it should...

Low water level in toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently installed a new toilet upstairs, and the water level in the basin is constantly too low. When the toilet is flushed, the water disappears very quickly, and then goes back slowly to its original level. The other toilet I've installed in the room next door works fine. Both soil pipes...

Low HCG Level [ 0 Answers ]

I found I am pregnant and the first day of my last period is 12/2/04. I went to the hospital because of pain and they said I had a bacteria infection, that maybe causing the pain. They tested my hcg level and the doctor said it was too low, it had a level of 73. She said either I am too early or...

View more questions Search