Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikes250 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2003, 01:22 PM
    Start up problem
    I have a p4 1.3ghz ,abit bw7 mb with windows xp pro, my system works pretty good except when windows starts I go to device manager and I see pci standard host cpu bridge unable to start. I don't get it because 2 or 3 other times I boot up it says this device is working properly,, it basically goes back and forth.I tried updating chipset drivers and nothing seems to work.any ideas out there why this happens on and off..
    Thanks, mike
    elina Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2003, 03:44 PM
    start up problem
    Mike, hemm... you pose a very interesting but frustrating problem. Are you sure you updated the motherboard main PC drivers? Have you also flash updated the BIOS yet? If you haven't, try that.I would definitely do it if you especially have laptop, because laptops are kind of funny like this. And the chipset update alone is not enough. Often times, it is related to your ACPI Power Management. Could be a conflict. Please right-click on "My Computer", click on Hardware, then click on Device Manager. Do you see any red or yellow exclamation? At the same go to windows update under "TOOLS" at the top of the IE broswer menu to update to SERVICE PACK 1 if you haven't already done so. In fact, update everything you see listed on windows update, except the International Languages .NET unless you want to. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Start Up Problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hallo, I am having a problem starting up my PC; when windows load (Windows XP pro) rather than get the blue screen with the windows welcome note, the PC stop responding and what I get is a dark screen with two horizontal lines on it and two reduced windows on the top right and left corners...

90 Civic Start Problem [ 1 Answers ]

Help please... 1990 civic dx. Sometimes won't start, sometimes will stop while running. Accompanied by fuel relay clicking like mad. Replaced the Fuel relay(with brand new) nothing changed. Any ideas? -Thanks

Windows xp start up problem [ 2 Answers ]

Could you please help. Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt <windows roots>system 32\hal.II, I do not have a cd to boot cmy computer with and I've tried to down load disk types put floppy only takes 2.0 mg disk to down load 4.5mg for programme. Please...

Start up problem [ 6 Answers ]

Let me first say that I am a novice. My operating system is Windows XP home edition. For the past week I have had a problem when starting up. I switch on and everything looks o.k. I have three accounts set up for the family, but I am the main user. When I go into my account and attempt to type...

Start up problem with Win XP [ 1 Answers ]

My windows xp won't start up, it gets up to the point where its "VERYFYING THE DMI POOL DATA".. then intstantly its restarts and every single time it only reaches that point and keeps on restarting.. (Im using a P2, 350 MHz. Geforce 2, Windows XP, 2 HD, of 20 GB and 4.6 GB.) The things I have...

View more questions Search