Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goodwindiana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 03:58 PM
    JD Lawn Mower-Mower Disengages While in Use
    Old JD ride-on, I just bought it. Engine runs great, idles a bit fast. Mower cuts for a while (up to 5 minutes today), then blades stop turning (engine keeps running fine). The PTO switch doesn't move (stays in ON position). I can turn PTO switch off then on again, and mower will engage again briefly. Peeked as best I could at belts, they are not frayed and seem tight.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2007, 06:32 PM
    Could be the electric clutch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawn mower [ 3 Answers ]

I have a john deere jx75 and my blade won't engage,I did hit a rock with it.I took the blade of but can't figure out where to go from there.HELP

Riding lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

I need to find out what spark plug I need to buy for a True Value Lawn Chief riding lawn mower, 12 hp Bridge and Stratton, model # 284707, type#1026-e1, code 980629ZB. Can you please tell me what I will need. Thank you for your assistance.

Lawn mower oops [ 1 Answers ]

My neighbor borrowed my murray self propelled 5.5 mower. She ran over something in her yard and so to remove it she turned it upside down and unraveled what ever it was. After that it wouldn't start. Being a woman I have never worked on a lawn mower. But I did replace the pleated filter(there...

Lawn mower help [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 18.5 poulan pro 42" 2 years old. It will start but no matter what I do it kills, like hitting the kill switch. If I let out the clutch, even in neutral it kills. Engage blades or anything it kills. And the weirdest thing is that the kill switch in the seat doesn't kill it. I really...

View more questions Search