Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blasterstu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 02:33 PM
    Army Basic Training
    This sounds a bit petty but I realise that when I go on basic training I will be supplied a kit.
    Do they supply underwear? Do I get to wash my own underwear if not will I get my own underwear back from the laundry. I realise it sounds a bit odd but I don't like the thought of wearing some other guys skiddys.. cheers
    NEVAEH206 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by blasterstu
    This sounds a bit petty but I realise that when I go on basic training i will be supplied a kit.
    Do they supply underwear? Do I get to wash my own underwear if not will I get my own underwear back from the laundry. I realise it sounds a bit odd but i dont like the thought of wearing some other guys skiddys..cheers
    Well I don't think it is a petty question first off. But I know a couple that went through basic training and you do get to wash your own things!
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2007, 06:34 PM
    You stencil your last name on your drawers. It all goes to a big laundry to get washed.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 21, 2007, 07:15 PM
    You will get a list of things to bring ( and you will get a list of things not to bring) before you go. They will furnish, and your name is on it, and it all goes into a laundry and you get it back.
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Jan 22, 2008, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by blasterstu
    This sounds a bit petty but I realise that when I go on basic training i will be supplied a kit.
    Do they supply underwear? Do I get to wash my own underwear if not will I get my own underwear back from the laundry. I realise it sounds a bit odd but i dont like the thought of wearing some other guys skiddys..cheers
    I know this is a bit late but to answer yourn question. Yes you will be given underwear. And Yes you will be washing your own underwear. You will get a kit list before you head off for training which will tell you to bring a few item. One being laundry soap. The only time you will not do your own laundry is when you go over seas. They hire people to do it for you. That's why they give you laundry bags with holes in it so you tie it up and hand it in. You will get it back.
    airborne82nd34 Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Feb 12, 2008, 06:35 PM
    Hey troop having been through it I can tell you they will supply you with undies but you won't like them if your infantry most likley those undies will give you unbelievable rash so I would just go commando for your time there. Also every training base is different I went to fort benning sand hill basic training there we did our own laundry. Good luck to you
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Feb 29, 2008, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by airborne82nd34
    hey troop having been thru it i can tell you they will supply you with undies but you won't like them if your infantry most likley those undies will give you unbelievable rash so i would just go commando for your time there. also every training base is different i went to fort benning sand hill basic training there we did our own laundry. good luck to you
    I would not consider going commando. You need underwear long enough to cover your thighs. If not then you would get a rash. When you’re over seas and it is 50+ you will understand. I have been in really hot places and commando sounds like a good idea. But as soon as you get a rash you become a casualty. Last thing any good solder needs on the list. So, long underwear is the way to go which they provide for you.
    michale30 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 07:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish2008
    I would not consider going commando. You need underwear long enough to cover your thighs. If not then you would get a rash. When you’re over seas and it is 50+ you will understand. I have been in really hot places and commando sounds like a good idea. But as soon as you get a rash you become a casualty. Last thing any good solder needs on the list. So, long underwear is the way to go which they provide for you.
    That is so true. I would know for experience. Commando would kill you. For people that would need to know commando means no underwear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being in the army and a mother of 2 [ 3 Answers ]

How to decide what to do if you're in the army and just came back from iraq and about to have your 2nd baby and 5 months later you're going to have to go back to iraq. I don't know if I should stay in or get out?:(

Getting married to the army [ 4 Answers ]

What exactly do you need and have to do in order to be married? My boyfriend is coming home on leave and we are going to get married at the courthouse what do I need to do? And if I lost my birth certificate can I use just my id!!

Spirit army [ 4 Answers ]

This may seem very shocking it certainly was to me. The other night in bed under the influence, I happened to see a dark figure come out of the bathroom door. I prayed to God , my spiritual advisor and to to send all good spritits tohelp me. The images left my room. The next day looking out the...

Basic Training Stuff [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my folks have decided to try to learn computers :eek: . So I am hoping to find some really basic introduction training materials. Either a website with movies on or something to printo out and follow. Anyone have any good suggestions? TIA

View more questions Search